Wednesday, 9 July 2008

Obsessions

Obsession is (probably) a bad thing. It sets off the stalker tendencies. Which generally results in me staying up way too late for something that's probably not worth the effort expended.

But the hunt is enjoyable. All the more so when it's feasible, but challenging. The absence of the target was noticed today, and felt more keenly because of his amusing, baggy-eyed presence yesterday. Wonder where he was. I hope he wasn't the body that delayed the Newcastle trains this morning. (In fact, that makes no sense, he's on a totally different line.)
I've not missed the subtle physical resemblance to another in my past. Hopefully the obsession will run its course and release its grip on me without causing too much havoc.

During rehearsal, Brett picked up the orchestral score I borrowed from UNSW (because they didn't have enough choral ones for the performers, let alone someone who's just attending rehearsals out of enjoyment) and flicked through it while Penny (new Assist. Chorusmaster) ran us through warmups.
It was ... surprising. And a little disconcerting to be within arms length of him. It's much easier to simply admire the black tops that he tends to wear, from within the more numerous ranks of the singers.

... I mean. I'm watching the conductor for my cues. There's nothing more than that to it. *shifty eyes*

It is somewhat disturbing to notice oneself being shallow, and yet allowing oneself to continue in it because the mental images are satisfying to recall.

No comments: