Monday, 31 August 2009

Henna tattoo

I was heading out to uni on Sunday afternoon when I discovered there was a street fair or something on nearby the train station. It was tiny; just a section of closed off street with some stalls on either side, but there were people all over the place.

Walking down the street, I discovered a stall selling henna tattoos from $5 each. Deciding that I could go without eating out one day of the week, I bought one for $10; a floral decoration down the inside of my left arm.
It dried nicely and smelled strongly of spices (mostly cinnamon), but since I didn't stick it down or anything, parts of it started peeling off within the hour. I put up with it for another hour or so before getting annoyed with it (it was peeling off all over my clothes at uni) and scraping it all off; it looked sort of orange.

A day later and it's turned into a nice milk chocolate brown. Quite pleased. My parents will probably be pissed off if/when they see it, bwahahaha.
I am thinking of obtaining some of the henna powder myself for experimenting with. So much niftier than permanent tattoos.

No comments: