Wednesday, 26 May 2010

A day of looting

Today has been a good day for looting.

Spent many hours at CeBIT; 14:10 to 16:50 specifically. There were a fair number of coffee machines operated by competent people, and during the course of the afternoon, I got a free chai latte and hot chocolate.
Tallying up the loot at the end of the day:
2 lindt chocolate squares
toblerone
2 cherry ripe
2 small boiled lollies, and 1 lollipop with the round lolly in a square box
2 Nicta maze pens
2 pens with nifty light up LED things on the end
1 blue highlighter
some regular pens
2 torches
1 keyring, 1 phone dongle
1 server rack front panel with 2 temperature gauges
1 usb fan

After getting back to uni, it turns out that the Law Society was having a networking session. I walked in and asked what it was about; after answering that no, I was not a Law student, I was told to say that I'm studying a B of Law and interested in some sort of scholarship/internship, and to have as much alcohol and food as I wanted.

I grabbed some food before heading to Surcas. Also found $1.20 in the vending machines before leaving. Sadly it was raining so I didn't get my dose of fire.

Went and bought 3 x 24 cans of Fanta for $40 from Bi-Lo on the way back, getting an additional $5 discount due to a friendly security guard managing to find me a catalogue with the coupon in it.
Almost managed to loot $50 from an ATM which someone had forgotten/mistakenly left behind, but I was confused by the beeping and being cautious so wasn't fast enough and the machine sucked it back in.

Arrived back at uni to find the networking event winding up. Grabbed some more food, then looted a blue veined cheese, good crackers, and grapes to share since it was all going to be thrown away. I wish I'd grabbed the asparagus too; the plates were almost completely full.

No comments: