Monday, 14 June 2010

An evening date

Although Rel and I arranged to meet at the station at noon, I did not wake until 11, and when I did, it was to discover that my father's computer had broken. After frustratedly poking at it for a few minutes, I gave up, finished my toast and headed out. I told Rel to grab lunch on his own since I wasn't going to get there anytime soon, and he probably hadn't eaten.

Headed into uni to check movie times. Turns out the latest incarnation of Shrek (Forever After?) was screening in 3D in most places, and neither of us wanted to pay the extra dollars for what we saw as a pointless gimmick; movie going is already quite expensive.
Decided to watch Prince of Persia instead.
Lurked for an hour or two in the lab, waiting for the screening time to roll around.

Walked to Broadway and bought tickets, sitting towards the back near the middle. Rel, who normally picks front and centre, remarked, "So this is where normal people sit. It's cramped."
The movie was good. I wasn't particularly pleased with the reuse of some sort of dust/sand storm apocalypse overtaking a city (actually I think it may have been footage taken from some sort of documentary about a volcano), but otherwise it was nifty enough.

No comments: