Saturday, 4 September 2010

Friday night traffic

Early this morning, Subfuture gave me a lift after mmaster's party. On the way, we passed a very flashy police setup on the road; several police cars, an ambulance, and some odd tent thing set up on the road itself.

Turns out that ~10pm, an ambulance with its sirens going had hit and killed a 26yo woman as she was crossing the road.
Interesting that the setup was still there well past midnight when Subfuture passed by.

From SMH news

I am glad that we avoided the same fate. At one point, Subfuture was not thinking about red lights, and almost ran one. There were pedestrians crossing too. He skidded to a stop after I'd said, "That's a red light!" Thankfully nothing terrible happened; it was raining and rather wet.
Were it not for his habit of braking rather late as he approached traffic lights, I'd have been able to warn him earlier. I hope he's learned.

No comments: