00:44 fire poi in the park
00:55 Riley runs up while I'm watching a video on Thread the Needle trick
01:00 No sign of owner. I call the first number on Riley's collar
Jennifer picks up. Has a tale of worry, wherein her son has injured his head on the garage door and is in ER, and thus she can't get her car out, and that's about when the dog got out too. I say I'll wait in the park.
Want to start twirling fire. Turns out the dog takes this as a sign to run about freely. Chase dog about, finally remember I have a belt I can use.
00:27 Sam comes by just as I'm pouring fuel back into the bottle - can't twirl with a dog attached to me - with Tynen and his two dogs. Calls out to Riley.
Turns out she's the soon-to-be daughter-in-law of Jennifer, and has a long night ahead of her still - she'll have to get back to the ER, send her mother off on a cruise in the morning, and then still go to work.
I call Jennifer back to tell her that Sam has the dog and will be heading home with it; it turns out she's called the cops, fearing Sam was mugged in the park since she'd been gone so long. I mistakenly think that Tynen is her brother or something and mention briefly that she's with someone. Am told to wait, because she's not ok with Sam walking back alone. Sam and I think this a tad ridiculous, as she's from Granville, but we all wait, since I figure Jennifer has had enough excitement for the evening.
00:50 A cop paddy wagon shows up, we go over, me pausing to put my belt back on because I have way too many things to carry. Jennifer and a man are there, thankfully with a leash, and strangely, he is carrying a cricket bat. Jennifer shakes my hand and calls me 'a true citizen' and the three leave, as do the cops.
I stay and talk to Tynen for 45min, learning that the dog belongs to a Denton, who is known on the ABC, but of course I live under a rock so I had no idea that I now have the phone number of two ppl famous enough to have their own wikipedia pages.
He is going to graduate CSU with an Animal Science degree in 1-2yrs after having spent nigh on 7yrs on it. He lives with his mother and 2 dogs, his father and 2 cats having died some years ago.
02:11 decide to go home. Spot a pair of blue sneakers down the hallway which were there this morning. Possibly also last night.
03:30 I hear multiple voices downstairs, and shortly, outside my door, after hearing my neighbour yell for Matt (her boyfriend) to let her in some time earlier.
Picking up a bottle so I can pretend I was taking it to the bins, there are indeed two police outside in the hallway, with a woman sitting on the ground between them. She apologises, and I know it is indeed the same neighbour, not just some random, by the husky word - she's said it to me before, after a particularly long fight in the late hours was keeping me up and I came out to ask if things were alright.
I throw the bottle out downstairs, and it makes a very loud noise.
When I return, one of the police is saying that "either he's -mumble- or he's passed out". When I check later, the shoes are gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment