Clubs day today. Thankfully, Elizabeth got there half an hour earlier than she'd planned, so I wasn't just sitting there cluelessly during the setup half hour.
Free lunch is yum.
I don't know if we actually managed to get anyone to join, but some people did walk off with some information sheets.
Played Melty Blood on some guy's laptop for ages, because I was asked to mind it and I wasn't sure if the person who owned it was back yet. I am so crap at arcade fighter games.
Went to class and such afterwards, as usual.
Saw Deckker just as I was leaving, so I chased him and ended up watching him have dinner while he told me what he was doing in his postgrad studies. It turns out to be majorly cool - SNMP on mobile devices. He didn't explain it to me all that much, but it seems he's gotten around some (all?) of the problems they'd had with SNMP on mobile devices.
Since he's doing his mobile computing research primarily for the health industry, it's almost as though he's managed to invent the medical tricorder.
Also, he may pick up a job at Cisco, probably starting off in the TAC. (Seems everyone does.) This is a good thing. I think he'd thrive there, if the customers don't piss him off too much. Also, the wireless team need more people - he would definitely suit. I dunno why he's putting off joining them.. probably because he wants to get the research postgrad thing done first.
He drove me home afterwards since by then I'd missed the express train, and was in danger of missing the all stops one too. *shakes fist at short legs and further distance to walk*
Of course, we missed the right turn, the first time because I forgot, the second because I wasn't sure where the hell I was supposed to tell him to turn.
Got home eventually. Luckily he got back without getting lost. Mum called at 21:56 to ask where I was, I told her I'd be home in 2 minutes because by then we were sitting in front of the house, trying to figure out how he was going to drive back out.
She was suitably surprised when I really did walk into the house 2 minutes later.
No comments:
Post a Comment