Dene proposed to Hayley yesterday, on Friday. She accepted. Scary, yet happy sort of occasion. The photos from when it happened were really cool. I think Hayley was the only one who didn't know it was going to happen, although at some point during this evening I heard Dene say he'd been dropping hints.
Today, on the day of the Summer solstice, with the moon at almost full, Dene held a party (apparently, an annual one) at his dad's place. Many people I didn't know were invited. Many people I knew were also invited. He was wearing the Game Over shirt Tillius, Ez and I found at the shops on Thursday.
I gave Tillius his present, a sword and three black feather quills.
Drank some champagne before I ate anything. The alcohol went straight to my head about 10-15min later and everything started lagging. Had another and my legs started to get numb, so I didn't really drink much after that. Food was good - steaks needed sauce, but Marshall's were rare and good. Caesar salad = win.
The rest of the evening was spent with lots of random chat, fireworks, teasing of their bird, sipping of other peoples' drinks, scratching Ez (heehee he has inflamed skin wounds), and staring at the admittedly cute couple. Also, realising at random that I lack a lot of life skills, and confidence.
All in all, a very fun evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment