My mother's mother's older sister died. That is, my grandmother's sister.
My grandmother was there to pray for her and send her on her way. Most of her children were also present.
However, her eldest son was not, despite being 65 and retired; he could have visited at any time. He did eventually end up travelling to see her, but arrived an hour after she passed away.
Her husband was not there either. He is in hospital, with bowel cancer. I don't know if he even knows yet - about both the cancer and his wife's death.
I am not entirely sure what she died of. Probably kidney failure. She'd been taking medicines for either high blood pressure, or heart problems, and I am told that those are not kind to the kidneys.
Her granddaughter - I think it would still correctly be my cousin? I was informed that I should address the departed's daughter as my aunt - is getting married soon. They were hoping not to have a death in the family so close to the wedding date.
I suppose it is good not to be too caught up in happy events. There is something sobering about placing a death, wedding and probably a funeral, so close together in the one family. As long as the couple-to-be don't let it get to them on their wedding night, all should be well.
Bah. I babble. Nasty habit.
No comments:
Post a Comment