Waking up to Rel is a rather nice thing. He set the alarm early, so we woke around 14:00. Still being sleepy, I went back to sleep around 15:00 after some amusement. At some point, he made a breakfast of bacon and scrambled eggs on toast. It was delicious, I had orange juice with it.
Almost forgot my music as we left the house. Walked to the train station to catch a bus; several which I could have taken went past as we neared the station.
Arrived at the Conservatorium slightly late, to find that they'd already started warming up.
Then realised that I'd forgotten to bring a black folder of any sort. Visited all the convenience stores as well as some unfortunately small newsagencies - none of them were any help; convenience, my arse. The last store I visited did have a guy who offered to look around in the back room for something black, but was unsuccessful.
Finally found one at Coles at Wynyard. Bought their last black one for ~$1.50, then hurried back to the Con, thankfully with a little bit of time to spare.
Fell asleep on stage shortly before we were supposed to sing. To be fair, we were made to sit through movements 2, 3 and 4 of Mahler's 3rd symphony, and the 4th movement is the quietest. Although apparently it is also the prettiest, so I am sad I missed it.
I'm hoping no one noticed; I was woken by the sound of everyone standing up in preparation to sing, and I also stood, just before the alto to my left stepped over to close the gap (she was sitting apart because there was no seat in the row for her).
Didn't notice that I had forgotten to peel the barcode off the folder until we were walking offstage after the performance.
I remember thinking to myself that I should peel it off back in Coles though!
There were fireworks going off over Darling Harbour as we walked out. Some were visible.
There were also projections of light over the castle-like walls of the Conservatorium.
Both the people I was initially walking with had scooters. They left me behind as I waited at the pedestrian crossing, having crossed the street further up.
Forgot to check which platform the train to Central was on (stupid Circular Quay's displays for that haven't worked all year) and had to go back through the gates to check. Then had to run up the escalator stairs because the train was leaving.
The train carriage floor on the way back to Central was sticky.
Some stupid drunk guys peeled ads off the traffic light poles and stuck one on the back of my bag.
I suspected they were doing it, but figured they were decent enough not to mess with random people while drunk.
Turns out they were not decent people, but at least the ad fell off while I was crossing the road. I'd not have known were it not for the bastard yelling, "Hey you dropped something!" and I saw the ad on the road. Grumble, rant.
And then I had to leave partway through Lone Wolf McQuade to get the train home at a decent time. Bah.
At least I will see Rel again.
No comments:
Post a Comment