Wednesday, 21 April 2004

I'm was on the computers in the school library typing this up. I've just finished playing what was probably an hour or more of Laser Challenge, and I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow. But it was so much fun! The first round was a 'getting to know how to play' round. I partnered Ez against Konrad and Turner, they're not bad at it, especially Konrad. We got stalled around F block stairs and the entrance to the metalwork rooms.
Third round, we ended up on either side of a locked gate near the boys' change rooms in F block, trying to shoot Konrad. I shot Ez too many times and he died. After, like, twenty minutes of stalling, we found out that Konrad had been dead for ages. Too bad the vests don't let you head-shot your opponent; the rounds would have been much quicker and more challenging then. Noisy vests are a curse; it is very obvious that you are there when your vest is going 'ping, ping, ping, ping' every two seconds and echoing all over the stone and cement.

Played some Unreal Tournament beforehand; at least I can aim... sort of. I can't say much for my kill/death ratio; it's too embarrassing. The name 'n00b' suits me, I think, and probably will for a long time.

Tried to take a shower around 10:45. Spent twenty minutes trying to get into the hall, only to find that none of Dene's three keys fit the keyhole. Spent another fifteen minutes trying to get the lights on in the girls' changeroom in G block before borrowing Millet's torch. It was a cold shower, but at least I'd been running around for a while beforehand. By the time I was done, it was around 11:30, and Dene had declared the library closed.

No comments: