Had a lecture for SDP today: 0900-1100
Then had a job searching/resume/interview prep seminar: 1100-1300
Railcorp was having their seminar thing and left quadrants of sandwiches out from their lunch. I took some. Must make more tuna and alfalfa sandwiches in the future.
By then it was around 1320. Walked up to USyd to see if I could catch Net147 before he went to his lab. Had no idea if he was still eating lunch, since he did that at 1200. (He was going to find a nice patch of grass, but the grass was wet.)
Got sidetracked by the medical science building - of all things - on the way to Madsen. Spent maybe an hour drawing - nope, you're wrong - a staircase. It got really cold. I was on the 1st floor, it was windy and I was in the shade. My perspective drawing is still as crap as it was 6 years ago.
A little after 1400, I finally decided that I'd done a decent enough job and continued towards my destination. Almost fell down the stairs (1st floor, remember?) on the way there. Spent maybe 15minutes wandering around the building. It looked familiar but the labs were behind closed frosted glass doors, and when someone else finally opened them, there was a small group of people waiting to get their timetables changed.
I wasn't going to walk through that group so I wandered some more before going through the other entrance and picking lab 34 around 1500. Spent the next hour trying to remember names and using the ssh and who commands. Failed to find what I was looking for. (I'm really sure I checked three! I went through all the congo, I tried right after black and grey.) It will make for interesting logs though. Assuming anyone bothers to check. I wonder if they do. Longmore's account is still there, I came across it while looking for something else.
At 1600, the security guard came around calling out "Locking up!" I left the lab then, but not before standing at an angle to see that the door to the other lab was open. He was sitting right in front and sort of winked/raised an eyebrow, looking surprised as I waved at him. I went and sat on the grass opposite the building, he didn't see me when he came out. Heheh.
Walked towards TH, but ended up sitting in the park for a while. On a seat, because the grass was wet. He'd left a textbook in his bag from yesterday. Watched birds and kept each other warm (well, he did more of that than I did) until it was almost too late to catch a bus to TH. Then someone called him and we had to walk back into the uni again because he was going to be picked up from under the bridge.
I took the express from Redfern. Stood all the way back to Eastwood. Blah lack of seats.
No comments:
Post a Comment