Monday, 4 December 2006

Today has been one of those not so good days.
Let me tell you why.

I lost track of time (as will happen), rushed out of the house in a hurry, spent 5min at the traffic lights almost missed the train.
I decide to do the right thing for once (actually it wasn't conscious, it just happened) and bought a student ticket.
Took the train there, knowing it was going to arrive at uni late. See transit officers as I dash onto the last carriage. Think to self, 'Oh it's ok, I got a student ticket.'
Transit officers come along checking tickets (as they do). The guy says, "Do you have your student card?"
Think to self, '...crap.' Because I hadn't been able to find my wallet before I left, and then totally forgot that I didn't have it on me while buying the ticket. I'd thought it was in mum's car.
So I told the guy that it was in my wallet, which I'd probably left in mum's car when I went driving.
Questions happen, he ends up calling my mum. Who, as it turns out later, didn't have a clue what he was on about, and had to have him repeat it 2 or 3 times.
Meanwhile, the fat woman stands next to me, and I can feel her menace even though she's about a metre away. I ask her if she'd like to come to uni with me, because that's where I'm going, to verify that I'm a student. I would have been better off not talking, because the bitch turned on me and was all "Do you know that we don't have to do anything for you, the officer isn't giving you a fine, he's not following policy, he is going out of his way to verify that you do have a student card, you are in the wrong we don't have to do a thing for you do you understand that!"
It irritates me so much just thinking about it. I know I shouldn't wish ill of anyone, but I hope she loses her job and dies. (Which I know will happen eventually, so it's ok.)
Then at Strathfield, they tell us they're going to close the last 2 cars. I was in the last one. So I had to move. This, of course, made the train even later.
Got to uni close to 19:00, and of course they'd already started auditioning the final conductor.

Choir itself was alright. The people are funny, and happy. And hyper! I like to think I rubbed off on her. :D
Turns out Steven (the blond flautist who doesn't look like a Steven) is now the president of the music society. He forgot about today's rehearsal -_-
Got to ride home on the train with Matthew. Who is actually a 32yo Software Engineer who refuses to let himself get addicted to games, and writes documents more than he programs.

No comments: