Actually this entry starts on Friday afternoon. Tillius came to pick me up, he found me mapping. We went to his place, and played on his new Wii (I still think that is a stupid, stupid name) for a while. On the other hand, whoever designed the system was exceptionally talented. The controls look a bit stupid, but the hardware is excellent. As far as I can tell anyway. Not much lag between movement and its detection by the box, and it's extremely sensitive - not always a good thing, but it is an indication of how well things are picked up. The controller is completely wireless; it's not physically connected to the box. There are wires, but that's because there are two controllers, although one is not always necessary.
Ez and Turnbull turned up at some point, and so did pizza. I can't finish an entire pizza.
Amongst the multiplayer games are a Wii sports CD. From that, we played Baseball. It was pointless, because most of the time the computer kept catching the batters out, so it was always 0-0. The practice was fun though.
Also played Golf, which was more frustrating than anything. Much like golf in real life.
Boxing was fun. Lots of fun. Probably because I won all my matches, but I have no idea why or how.
Went to Castle Towers after that, for Timezone. I think I would have preferred to continue messing with the Wii. There's some new games at Timezone. Some strength tester thing and Time Crisis 4, neither of which I did well at. I did manage to complete Holic on Heavy though. Much fun.
Dropped Turnbull off at his new residence (he was totally jet lagged, but somehow managed to stay up and watch some TV with us for an hour), then went to Pancakes. Arrived there some 15min before it closed. Ordered Lemontyne pancakes and iced chocolate, but was too full to finish it. Do not order lemontyne again; if it wasn't for the juicy lemon slices (yes, real lemon slices), the pancakes would have been too dry.
Tillius drove Ez and I back to my place, with the intention of dropping me off at home. Was past midnight by then. We ended up lurking in the car, chatting, being random, waving at the few cars that passed by and tossing innuendo around until about 5am. I read most of the messages on Ez's phone; they were boring. It seems Tillius' Festiva is female. At some point, we all fell asleep - Tillius in the boot (apparently he found it more comfortable there), Ez in the front seat and me in the driver seat. Furry seats are quite comfortable. It rained on and off the entire time.
Woke up at 6:26am, and was poked in the neck. -_-
-----------------
Memory dump...
(with heavy foreign accent) "Dis is Eric, I'm looking for some porn..; Dis is John(?), I'm looking for Eric.."
"Stretch out your arm. No, the one with the watch." <insert many attempts to get at watch> It barely fit Tillius, and didn't fit on Ez at all.
Broken families. Kristofer is a terrorist because of a huge sparkler rocket.
"Oh yeah. Oh Festy." buttons
"I've been awake for an hour, and I need to do 1, 2 and 3." "Three??" "Nevermind.."
"Seriously, get up and jog around the car or something." "If I do that, I'll wet my pants."
-----------------
Decided that I wanted more sleep, so headed to the swing seat in the back yard and slept there all morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment