Thursday, 11 January 2007

Shopping, musings

Watched Fate Stay Night from 3am til 9am. Definitely worth it. Though it is a rather shocking reminder that I do need to grow up.

Woke at 11, went to Macquarie Center with mum to get flowers (there were plaster people on the lowest level), then picked up Mrs Wyndham for Yum Cha at Carlingford Village. Old people sure can talk, but I am glad that she is still sharp of mind, although her eyes are really bad and she has really bad arthritis. I hear dementia is a horrible thing, as is Parkinson's disease.. I'm really not looking forward to getting old.
Perhaps I should really take up piano again.. start with scales and Hanon exercises, move on to simpler 5th grade pieces and then maybe try all of Bach's Preludes and Fugues again... need to buy a clean, fingered copy of those.

Then went to Civic Video nearby, borrowed two DVDs. I'll watch Dune later, not sure if I really want to see whatever my sister borrowed.. it has a picture of a man with a bandolier of baby's bottles, filled with milk...

Then went over to Carlingford Court to look for a top that was supposedly on special (it wasn't) and enjoy the air conditioning for a few hours. The plaster people were there, they had a really detailed dragon (chinese type) but it was $7.50. It didn't look quite big enough to be worth that much. *shakes fist at inflation*

Just what is a friend? I have heard it said somewhere that "A friend is someone who knows your heart's song and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the melody".
To know another's song, but to be unable to simply repeat it back - never mind being able to support it in harmony or embellish it with a descant - is more like a black hole, or a leech. More maliciously, one who simply uses others. What a curse...

No comments: