Friday, 20 April 2007

Shooter

A lot more alcohol than usual today.

Free alcohol after work at the Chelsea. Drank some stuff, talked to people a bit, watched other people play pool. I'm not suited to the bar scene.

Went and borrowed a book at Pennant Hills library. The one I was reading last week got borrowed.. pity. Then got picked up and went to Tillius' place. Liz was actually there, they were all watching tv. Ate a dinner of steak, chips, cheesy vegetables and a pastry thing filled with ricotta and spinach. Must learn how to make those pastry things. I forget what they are called, apparently one can buy them frozen in packs at the shops though.

Ez arrived, picked us up, drove to pick Davo up, then went to watch Shooter. Somehow managed to spill my ice chocolate on myself. I distinctly remember moving the cup AWAY from me so I wouldn't knock it over, but immediately afterwards the stuff was all over the front of my clothes, I'm not sure if what happened even follows the laws of physics.
Kris and Olney appeared, apparently to watch the same movie, at the same time, but with a different group of people. Olney hasn't changed.

Shooter was good. Some of the scenes are not entirely logical, especially near the end, but I do like seeing bastards get what they deserve. The scene where the US senator finally dies - it amuses me that they show that here, where general consensus is that Americans are stupid. Sort of confirms it.

Ez remembered that he forgot the reference for Davo (he is going to a JOES day tomorrow) so he dropped Tillius and I back at Tillius' place, then went home to get it for Davo and drop Davo off.

By then it was a little past midnight. Maybe the cats got at the spiderweb. Candles behind frosted glass gives nice illumination. Not as dazzling as staring at naked flame.

Ez came back and picked us up, we went to the RSL to find that they allowed only one guest in per member. Ended up going to the Tavern instead, where Tillius drank about 5 standard drinks and probably pretended to be drunker than he actually was. Double parked = having two glasses with beer in them. Blue pulse tastes .. well, not bad, but it's not a taste that I associate with anything good. Midori + pineapple juice is tasty. The bartender responded with something akin to wtf to Ez's suggestion of Midori + milk. -_-
Hadley and Turnbull smoke! Eww!!

Saw a lot of people from HS. Which does make sense, since they live around there.

No comments: