Soooooo much food today.
Church this morning. Basic message... yes, we've been saved by grace, but we're not to continue sinning deliberately, because that is not what grace is for, and also means we never really repented of our sins in the first place.
Repenting - to know and admit that one sinned in the past, and take action to not sin again.
Went to lunch (well, the place called it breakfast), totally stuffed myself on a chocolate drink and ox tongue, baked beans, 2 hash browns and half a slice of toast. Didn't even manage to finish the other half.
...you know, I don't eat much. More money for doing other stuff, I suppose!
Went to baptism service. It took longer than expected to set up the covers, but just as well because it rained rather heavily right as we started, and then a few more times sporadically throughout the service. Strangely, it only rained during the first half; when it was time for the actual baptism, it was only cloudy, and by the time the baptism was finished (about 5min later), the sun came out. Coincidence? Symbolic nonetheless.
Testimonies were thought provoking.
Apparently the water was cold. Wet, clothed people are slightly amusing.
Afterwards was a tea of sorts. (Fruit punch, actually. No, no one spiked the punch.) Jelly cubes covered in dessicated coconut, some pastry thing dipped in chocolate, cake, brownies, nachos with rather nice corn relish.. didn't try the salty stuff because I felt like having sugar. Too bad I had to leave early.
Accompanied flute student. I let her have more than half an hour because her counting was so very bad. Must remember to play the Polonaise and hope that she's managed to listen to Clair de Lune next week.
Her mother randomly gave us a small paper box - it had a slice of chocolate cake, a slice of coffee cake, and 4 egg custard tarts.
Went to house of one of the church's families for dinner.
Before we started, there was a lot of music practice.
I forget what it's called, but basically everyone cooked their own food in a common pot of boiling water.
Afterwards, everyone under 21 gathered in another room and went slightly - ok, entirely - crazy. Everything was funny, someone kept saying someone else put something into their soup. It was even more hilarious when people kept flicking the light off and then everyone would hit everyone else with cushions.
Ended up playing Marco Polo for uh.. hours, probably. Also quite funny. Then people started playing Scrabble so I went through more of those small Mars Mission books. Mmm fiction books.
So yes. Lots of food today.
No comments:
Post a Comment