So today was International Talk Like A Pirate Day. I travelled on public transport dressed like a pirate too, although I didn't manage to figure out the bandanna until I reached uni, so I probably looked rather odd in short boots, 3/4 jeans, a loose silk top and carrying a foam sword.
At Central, I spotted another female in a much better pirate costume.
I have no photos of myself (probably a good thing), and was kicking myself all evening because of all the days to not have my camera, it had to be today. I did make some attempts to take photos with my phone, but there is a very good reason why I don't do that very often.
Much of the evening was spent answering pirate trivia and drinking rum with members of EGG. There was this nice yellow rum, it smelled sweet, but tasted like straight rum. (Probably because it was.) The bartender was nice enough to mix me up some bacardi and pineapple juice, and added some pink raspberry stuff to it for my second drink. It wasn't dark enough to actually be blood-coloured, but it looked like blood-tinted rum, and if that's not piratey, I don't know what is. One of the little ice cubes was floating upside down and quite a bit of the red was sitting inside it.
Someone put a temporary skull tattoo on my face, which apparently made me look 'cutely dangerous'. Which is the way I prefer it; not the other way around.
I won a chocolate coin (gold dubloon!) and a sheet of pirate tattoos for guessing that hoop earrings were believed to give better eyesight.
Fried ice cream was had afterward, with Captains Rel and Morgan when we went to get food.
King's Blood was then played as a drinking game, set up by the lass who won first prize for best dressed pirate. I have no idea what her name was, but she doesn't drink, and she won a bottle of rum, so players were assigned a card; every time one's card came up, they would drink. It took a while to assign them all. There was a vote between "Enchanted by music" and "The little typhoon" for me, and eventually the latter was chosen. Unfortunately at that point it was 20:00 and I wanted to leave.
A fun evening that left me with a sleepy headache - probably not from the rum, but from having gone to sleep at 4 in the morning the night before/this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment