Sunday, 28 September 2008

How to not do well at a graduate assessment day

Friday, 26 September 2008

~8:00 Get up and head to work.
~14:30 Leave work.
~19:30 Hang out at uni with people, mostly gamers, building terrain while discussing random things.
~23:00 Observe a session of DnD roleplay, about a bunyip causing mutations. Also, eat a large, sticky piece of Turkish Delight covered in icing sugar. Coincidentally, one of the players shares the story that he used to (and may still) be terrified of the bunyip.

Saturday, 27 September 2008

~02:30 Venture outside uni building with the DM to obtain food during the break in roleplay.
~03:00 The players head home. Play Spore on a computer at uni.
~05:00 Notice that I am seriously hungry. Take train to Circular Quay for breakfast at The Rocks with the DM, who was also playing Spore on another computer. Not manage to finish pancakes because I'd put off eating for too long and had a stomachache. Go geocaching afterwards, searching for a number of caches that I had visited before but was unsuccessful with. Find them all (since it is daylight).
~08:20 Head back to Central to head home, since the trains are now running; spend some time waiting for the train with the DM before heading to the platform for my own.
08:50 Be reminded by mobile phone calendar alarm that I have a graduate assessment to attend today at 11:00. Call parent, who does not seem impressed, but is nonetheless gracious enough to pick me up from the station, take me home so I can pick up a bunch of official papers, change and have a shower, and then drive me back out to the city for the assessment day while I nap as a passenger.
11:15 Get told that the 'assessment' consists of written essays only (so I could have arrived in what I was wearing), despite the fact that I was applying for an IT position and hadn't written any serious essays in three entire years, let alone handwritten them.
12:30 Head home again with a slightly cramped hand. Pass out on the couch for many hours.

No comments: