Just got back from the 21:20 screening of Watchmen. Actually managed to get the 00:40 nightrider from Central, but spent quite some time sitting in a car outside my house chatting with the person who gave me a ride.
Most of Thursday (5th) was spent lurking at uni. Woke up around 12 at Rel's place and headed to uni with him, where I missed out on free bbq. There were a bunch of people I knew on the concourse though, so time was spent with them. Rel showed up again about 13:40 and had lunch, then headed to class. Lurked on the concourse until around 14:30, when Wormbo decided to do some study in the tutorial room - but it turns out a class was running in there, so I ended up working on chainmail until shortly after he went to class. Headed back to the concourse and worked on the chainmail some more, but didn't get very far; fell asleep a few times while sitting there, actually. Never really felt awake until about 17:30 when Rel finished class. Lurked around building 10/Progsoc until about 19:30 when we headed up to Broadway to get tickets and dinner before going to the cinema.
Wednesday (4th) started out fairly standardly - I ran to get the bus, which was late anyway. Went to work. Did some things at work, but the person who usually gives me work was really busy again. Seems like I need to get off my arse and take some initiative now that there's less of the people-watching-and-giving-suggestions-while-I-work and more of the well-I'm-busy-so-do-something-useful.
Walked back to uni afterwards for an arcade/bar crawl and met up with Rel, Wayfinder, chilli and a new Mathew around 17:40. Vlad showed up at some point, told us about how he and a friend were practising their Russian accents so they could 'get chicks and free drinks' by pretending to be international students. (They are both actually Russian Australians.)
Rel bought a drink with Kahlua and milk in it. It tasted like a milkshake. Rather nice.
We headed off at 18:00 to Broadway to see what Intencity had to offer. Apparently, not much. cK disappeared to talk to someone in an underwear shop. (Seedy little man.)
Headed back down towards uni. Beani showed up at some point. We stopped off at Easy Way, where Wayfinder and chilli bought really bad drinks - kiwi milk tea with rainbow jelly, and a blended ice yaleto, respectively. They ended up swapping drinks.
When we got there, the Glasshouse was closing, so we tried the Loft. However, the Loft was quite a few decibels too loud - although cK recognised some people there - so we headed to Good Games. Most of us sat around and merely watched, but some played on the arcade fighter games there. Chilli left. Chickenslayer showed up. I regretted the fact that I'd taken my mtg deck out of my bag just that morning, and bought a d6 with actual numbers on it. Discovered my dice bag had an unplanned hole in it. Seems I will be needing my chainmail one sooner rather than later.
Went to Bar Broadway after that, and spent possibly an hour there. Beani and Wayfinder had food, then left because Beani was really tired from having to deal with stuff. Vlad and his friend showed up; eventually I discovered by shoulderreading one of their sms that they were just waiting for Demi anyway; they left shortly after receiving that. cK ditched the entire thing on the excuse that he needed to get started on his capstone project. This left Rel, Chickenslayer, Mathew and I; a lot of talk went on about tabletop miniatures and the gaming related to them. I got bored and played on my mobile phone, which then ran out of battery. Tasted some of Rel's jagerbomb. It was interesting, but unfortunately fizzy. Had more of those nifty kahlua and milk drinks. Also, midori and pineapple juice.
Finally left Bar Broadway and headed to the George St arcades. Timezone, in the cinema area, was first.
It needed cards. No one bothered.
Galaxy World, across the road, was then attempted. It also needed cards. No one cared there either, although it took a little longer to arrive at the consensus. We did watch a girl almost get to the top of one of those build-a-tower-with-a-moving-block game.
Went to Maloney's next door, where we spent until 00:00 drinking. Watched Rel play Point Blank while holding his Baileys and milk drink; despite him telling me to try and not drink it all, he was surprised there was still some left when he finished. Had rum with cranberry juice; I suspect it messed up my taste buds for everything else. Was bordering on too much by that point, so stole sips of Rel's drinks after that.
Finally left; shortly afterwards, it was discovered Mathew did not actually need to pick anyone up. Went home with Rel, whispering things into each other's ear the entire bus trip.
Had smoked salmon sandwiches for dinner. Thankfully neither of us cut ourselves by accident when chopping up other stuff. I drank some more of the kahlua and milk, finishing off his milk in the process, while he had mouthfuls of rum. Had a shower and went to bed afterwards, going to sleep around 3am.
No comments:
Post a Comment