Almost forgot this was on; only remembered because colleague mentioned it.
Was in a park, under the bridge on which Rozelle is the southeastern side. Backed onto apartments, where one of the attendees lived.
No toilets found; those who wanted to go went to said attendee's apartment.
The apartment's balcony could be seen from park; the table is normally there, but since it was in the park, there was only one lonely chair.
Pretty sure they were all 25+ years of age. Many have aspirations of marrying and/or becoming a mother (or have already done that); several were pregnant, but not necessarily obviously so.
Some had brought their own mothers and toddlers.
Some were also smokers, but were considerate enough to smoke downwind of the party.
There were many cakes, quite tasty. Also scones, also tasty with jam and cream, though sadly cold.
Tin acquired from Indian colleague was appropriated for setting out several boxes of teas.
I suspect it did not make much money, but I had an alright time. It was a little odd in that they were not normally people I'd spend time with, but not so odd that I couldn't talk to anyone.
Makes me wonder if I've gotten more socially-adaptable than I'd ever expected to be.
I never expected to find myself thinking that being one of many to be better than being on my own.
HaikuJaguar's Kherishdar seems to have affected me more than I ever bargained for.
And in a way I suppose that's alright. Not ideal, but alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment