Spent much time speculating about what to do, since Tillius had the shift off today. Couldn't annoy Ez, because his aunt was over. Or something.
Tillius ended up driving to my house and arrived around 0800, while I was playing a card game (Big2) with siblings. I felt bad about just leaving him to sit out there, so I ran out to his car - without my mobile - and we ended up driving to the carpark at the end of Pennant and sitting there for a long while. Tillius flashed his lights several times at a lady walking past, only she was already passed, so she never saw it.
We sat there for a little longer. The wind was nice. Sunset was not actually seen, but the colours in the clouds were pretty.
Decided to go elsewhere, so went to Carlingford Court. I that I wanted to drive, so we headed up to blue level and I got my first taste of driving manual. Tricky clutch thing. My wearing not-really-for-driving thong shoes and having short legs didn't help.
Clutch in to change gears. Clutch in to brake. Handbrake down and let the clutch out gently after you get the revolutions constant. I don't think I actually changed the gears on my own (while moving) the entire time. Oh well, one thing at a time. That's not to say I didn't get to touch and move the gearstick. I'm thinking going from 4 to reverse would be a... "hmmm..." sort of sight.
After that, we parked on the roof and went into the shopping centre because I didn't want to go home. We found some Jenga blocks under the escalator, so played about 3 games. The security guard kept harrassing us. He wouldn't stop talking, "suggesting places to go", saying that it was "the cheapest date he'd ever seen", blah blah blah blah *rolls eyes*
We ran away and took the lift up to level 3 after the second or third time he came back to talk some more. I was a dumbass and forgot that despite having handles, the doors to the stairs SLID open. As a result, we tried to take the lift down to level 2, which was the carpark on the roof.
"Bet you the security guard will be in the lift," said I, half-jokingly, as we waited for the lift to arrive.
The lift arrived. Speak of the devil. Mental groan from both Tillius and I.
At least he showed us the door slid open. He stood at the platform, watching us as we walked back to the car. Irritating man. I will have to make sure I never come across him again.
All in all, fun was had. Got back by 2245.
No comments:
Post a Comment