Today was my birthday.
Dad went to work. Mum and siblings went to BigW to take advantage of the Back2School sales. (I will probably have to go myself sometime soon. I need a new lecture book.) That was all while I was still asleep.
I decided I'd do something this year, since I'd done nothing last year, and it was consequently rather boring. I'd asked Tillius if he wanted to go see a movie or something really early this morning. He arrived around 1130, while I was packing up breakfast.
Ended up going to Towers and walking around in shops for a long time looking at stuff. Had a potato with hawaiian(sp?) topping and lots of butter <_>
Walked around the shopping centre randomly, then decided that a game of pool was in order, so we went to Timezone, doubtful that they'd have a pool table - but it did. Tillius bought a $20 card, and got $10 extra due to the school holiday special.
Played pool. Stripes; won. Then spent a lot of time playing Time Crisis II. Ended up spending some $15 on that. Tried the sniper game - I was crap at it, as I'd expected. Very light, wobbly, plastic gun. Tillius tried too, with similar results. A round of air hockey. For some reason, my goal thing didn't make the count go up when Tillius scored. Large slidey/moving red squares game. Wanted major prize - saw a Ricoh digital camera, and other shiny technological things. Got all the way up until the last square. I should have waited a bit before pressing the button - Ez had been right all those months ago, the last one is always really really slippery. Ended up with 50c on the card.
Didn't see a movie after all. At first, it was too crowded, and then after 1500 when all the holidaying kids had gone, I didn't feel like it. There wasn't really anything that interested me anyway.
Sat on couches and watched a video of a woman massaging a man. At least I think it was massage... some of the things she was doing didn't look too massage-like. Amused myself - and probably Tillius in the process - by narrating her actions - the narration was totally unrelated to massage, of course.
Spent a few minutes looking for the car. Turned out we were on the wrong level.
Went to koala park. Well... the muddy parking area anyway. It was far too expensive to go in. No wonder the place always looks so empty.
Drove around for a while. Got sort of lost - on main roads, which isn't too good - but found the way back eventually.
Then sat in the car some distance from the house and poked each other for 15min or so. Very odd, and quite amusing.
Just what is so interesting about my armpit...??
Arrived at Parramatta at 1835, 20min late for our reservation at a new Japanese restaurant named Khawa. Prices - high. Food - not too bad. Service: polite. Reminder to self: do not order oysters from there ever again, as they do not clean them well! Remark: not enough miso. Note about the place: they will tell you if the fish isn't fresh, and limit their menu accordingly. Conclusion: Not a bad experience, but it's not a restaurant I would be returning to unless I was invited/tagging along with a group/etc.
I still prefer that place in the corner up in Town Hall, near the BBC building.
Drove home in 15min with dad, despite not having brought wallet along. Mum and siblings returned and rented more DVDs.
Was given presents - 4, that's the most I remember ever getting at once for my birthday - that I am very very happy with. A set of perfume - 4 bottles - from mum; a pose-able wooden mannikin/model from siblings, a new digital camera - Cybershot DSC-T5 - and two bras, which had been bought maybe a week ago but I hadn't got around to taking out of the bag yet. To my amusement, mum had put her boxed present into the pink bag that the bras had come in. Mum was all, "There's no need to unwrap the things in pink paper." But me being me, opened them anyway, just to spite Derek, who was going, "No, no, don't open those, there's no need to," and actually gave a little scream of (mock?) horror when I finally unrolled the pink tissue paper. XD
I am hoping that the pair acquired recently will last a long time, as they are the first padded ones to actually fit me properly. Yay for no longer being A. Hmm at no longer being size 12; maybe that means my lung capacity has increased?
I might throw out/give away/ask mum to give to her friends with daughters all the other padded ones that I don't wear very often.
Watched one of the DVDs that were newly borrowed, Around the World in Eighty Days. I don't know if it was based on Jules' Verne's book, I'm not sure I read it. In any case, it was hilarious. Too bad the DVD player stuffed up halfway through (again, we need to get someone to see what the problem is. I suspect overheating) so we watched the rest on Derek's computer.
Ate mango pudding and cheesecake. Didn't finish the 1kg cheesecake (why did the parents buy such a big one?) so stored it away for later. Will probably be having cheesecake for dessert for the next few days.
I'm going to spend the next day or so reading text printed on paper. One library book, fiction, due 5th Feb. One on Russian history, hoping (probably in vain) to finish summarising by 31 Jan. One manual for my new digital camera.
[begin todo - yous can all stop reading now if you want]
Must find time to learn C. And decide on submajor. Camping has been postponed to next week, which is apparently Chinese New Year. Not sure if I will have recovered from getting wisdom teeth taken out anyway. Peer Networkers training on 31st Jan.Will be seeing Pomzoid again, should be interesting. Should also return portable hdd + power cables to Deckker, since Dooie doesn't seem to want to make any effort to arrange something with me so that I can give it to him. Must try to turn in Byooshi 17 for proofing within the next two days or so, since I've been on break for months and months now, and AW is slowly dying.
[/todo]
I should sleep. I will not worry about the operation that is going to occur in a few days time... well, I'll try not to anyway.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday!
Um yeah..
You joined Peer Network? Does Edward go to UTS? I was thinking of joining PN, but then they have training sessions supposedly while I'm in HK.. from what I remember I read on the site.
What submajors can you choose from?
Post a Comment