Wednesday, 12 October 2005

Met up with Net147 today. Was lucky to actually have managed that, since I'd left my phone at home recharging.

BBC stopped escalators (complete with spider web amongst the gears), waterfall, medical reception couches, streets, Hyde park.

He'd said that my 'mission' was to 'motivate him to study'. I wonder if I managed to accomplish that.
He'd also managed to mess his internal filters up by resetting too many times. Therefore he seemed a little more open than usual. There was a brief second where he said something in a voice that made him sound like he was 25 or 30 years old (that is, more mature). I forget what it was now.
I remember saying something, to which he replied, "It doesn't matter. I'm going home soon anyway." I guess my 'soon' is a lot shorter than his. There was some 20min left. Not that I'd wanted to be reminded of that.
We walked around Hyde Park in a huge loop. I remember being rather quiet and feeling discouraged/dismissed, thinking that perhaps he'd said what he did because I'd been too focussed on the subject of study. Though in hindsight, he probably didn't mean for it to come out that way, because he kept walking around Hyde Park until as late as possible.

I'd agreed to meet him on the condition that he applied what he learned from the seminar into his studies.
Turns out that he didn't learn anything from the seminar. Or if he did, he didn't manage to tell me that fact. =p

Mmmm... it was still good to see him. It had been a while.

Must ask him more questions so that he thinks he hasn't done enough study and will therefore study more.
If I could help in any way with Physics, I would. Unfortunately, I didn't do Quanta to Quarks. (I think that's what his school's elective is...) That elective had interested me a little. Hmm... maybe Net147 can teach me stuff about it. After all, they say that once you can teach the topic to someone else, it's a sure sign that you know the topic!

No comments: