Volunteered at Animania today. Got to Lower Town Hall at 6:45am and played DDR. The pad just suddenly died, so I scuttled off to start my 7-10am shift. Spent most of the time setting up and fiddling with electronics up in the Town Hall Gallery. Had to setup a central place to control the cameras (and some of the sound) from.
I set up the network while Damien (aka Gott; the guy who had to man the central place all day) was talking on the radio or something.
"What did you do while I was away? Hey, you're useful to have around."
It's been a while since I was sincerely/randomly complimented by someone I barely know. Sometimes, little things make a lot of difference...
Spent 30min operating the video switch while Iron Artist was on, fading between a roving camera on stage and a stationary camera in front of the stage (which was horrendously placed for that particular event). I'd also registered for the DDR competition, but didn't get to compete because my turn occurred during the Iron Artist event. Meh.
Spent 2hrs operating the camera up in the Gallery. While squatting/kneeling, due to the way the camera had been set up. NOT FUN FOR KNEES. Went through 2 tapes. The third tape has been half used.
Saw Nada and... Tiffany? wandering around in Lower Town Hall (games/merchandise area). Nada cosplayed~ YAY!! She wasn't in the competition though.
Free food is good. Subway for lunch; Dominoes pizza for dinner. Though the pizza disappeared really quickly because everyone was ravenous.
I envy Shinzo. She gets to stay in the city (at the backpacker's hotel) for three nights. (Or maybe two. I forget. But still!) Probably with her bf.
>_>
In -separate- rooms!! -_-*
No comments:
Post a Comment