Wednesday, 26 October 2005

Met up with Tillius at 3pm in the USyd quad. Roamed the uni for a while until we found the 'Professiorium' or something. It looked like a mini court room. Sat next to a window on the carpet. There was dried bird poop on the inside stone window sill.

He'd drawn on his right arm, in pen (with his left hand) the 'straight' line that I was supposed to cut - he didn't tell me it was supposed to be straight until I'd finished the initial cutting, so it was too late to change it.
Made the cut bleed so I could see which bits hadn't been cut deep enough and did touchups.
He went over it with a pin. The usual awful scraping noises were heard. The pin got stuck fairly regularly, so it's not just my flesh that does that. Must be direction of muscle/skin cells or something. He bleeds a lot more than I do.

Then some random man walked in, looked around, turned on the lights and left. He totally ignored me when I said hello and asked whether there was to be a meeting in there.

We left after that and went to level 9 of Fischer Library. Walked to the end and sat on those moveable stool things that ppl stand on to reach books on high shelves. Noticed that Tillius looked considerably less tubby.
Reopened the cut with the blade again, to redo bits that I'd still managed to miss. I think he went over it again with the pin, then wiped up the blood with tissue. That piece of tissue got rather dirty.

Went down the fire stairs, reading graffitti. Apparently some people had had sex in there?! O_o
There was this block of latin words chalked on the wall around level... 5? (Don't really remember):

S A T O R
A R E P O
T E N E T
O P E R A
R O T A S

It looks cool. Wikipedia says it's the Latin palindrome, often called the Sator Square. (Check that out here.)
Tillius' loose translation was "The sower crawls from what he holds to work the torture/potter's wheel".
O_o ... I think I prefer the wikipedia translation.

Walked through the park back towards UTS (and Central). Were loudly invited by a group of philosophy students (and one guy Tillius knew) to join them in drinking some sort of drink.
"I can see you smiling! Stop mocking us!"
XD

Went back to Building 10 and did OOD.
Evil OOD.

1 comment:

Tillius said...

Well how was I to know Arepo was a proper noun!... I took it as "a repo' which is 'I crawl from'.

Wasn't a random guy, was the girl half standing against the tree.