Went to the Blue Mountains today with 13 international students and 1 peer networker named Tina.
Well, actually, we went to Olympic Park first. Nothing spectacular there. The blue line is the marathon track.
Then we went to Featherdale Wildlife Park. Snakes are smooth. Tina wouldn't touch it though. Fed and touched animals, saw some spectacular birds. Too bad I forgot my camera.
Then went to Blue Mountains.
Waterfall first - short walk to see it and take photos. The tour guide offered to take a group photo. She got given everyone's cameras - all digital. XD
Leura was supposed to be next, but we skipped it.
Katoomba next - to see the Three Sisters. Unfortunately, the fog came down and covered them, so they were not visible from Echo Point. So we walked out to the first one. I tried to find a decently priced tshirt when I got back. I found one I liked, but even at 50% off, it was $25. I had $17.50 and couldn't find an ATM.
Then went to walk through rainforest, down into the valley. Walked the same section of track 3 times, because we missed the detour sign. Filled water bottle from the Miner's Rest (natural water, right off the sandstone!) - *drinks some now* - then took that train thing back up to the top.
From there, we went... somewhere... back to uni, I think. Everyone slept most of the way back.
I borrowed a shirt from someone whose name I can't remember, because I didn't want to go to the cocktail party dressed in a bright orange tshirt. I will return it to her some other day soon. I drank orange juice; champagne, wine and beer don't interest me.
After that, everyone went pub crawling. I was going to meet up with them, but couldn't find the pub in Circular Quay, so just went home after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment