Phew. That didn't go so badly.
Heidi, a 4th grade flautist just left my house after 40 minutes of practicing her songs for her upcoming exam. (Parents chatted for 10 or 15 minutes afterwards.) She is in year 6. She plays well; better than I ever did. I suspect that's partly because of her flute - I noticed the lip-plate was a gold colour, though that doesn't mean it was gold-plated - but nevertheless, it is a fact that cannot be denied.
She is shy. VERY shy. And probably nervous. When one is nervous, one's breath and fingers get somewhat out of control. She made quite a few mistakes. Hopefully she will remember to just keep going if it's only a minor mistake.
We decided that Tamino's Aria and Cradle Song would be her list B and C pieces respectively. She doesn't play Les Plaisirs and Andalouse well at all.
$10! *waves it around*
No comments:
Post a Comment