Ahh so tired... stupid RE... stupid assignments... so much work to do.
I went and wasted many hours just browsing online stores. I have money now, and a means to buy the stuff, but I do not want to spend because I may have to help pay for stuff, maybe things like my own phone bill. It is not fair to make the parents pay for everything since I have a job now.
Two jobs, actually. One's not very stable, it just comes around a month or so before all the music students have their practical exams. For the month of May, I've been having rehearsals with 5 flute students who will all be taking their exams on the 30th. They've been paying me $20 an hour per rehearsal, and will be paying me $20 to accompany them for their exam.
Their exams are tomorrow, OMG OMG OMG OMG must practice more piano *panic*
Two of them have managed to get sick, so are not sounding too good. But otherwise, they should all be fine, they should all get Bs at least.
I'm so glad that I haven't gotten sick yet, although I think the symptoms are trying to show themselves. Especially considering those two previously sick flautists came in and coughed in the house.
I think my current state of good health has nothing to do with me. I really should take care of myself a bit more. Like going to sleep at normal times rather than sitting here shivering.
Today's (well, yesterday's) sermon was about freedom, and how we should not be stumbling blocks to other believers. Here is an example:
Both A, B and C are Christians.
A is a nurse. She has always worked on Sundays, even before she became a Christian, because her work requires her to work on Sundays. Thus, she cannot attend the Sunday service. Instead, she chooses to worship on Wednesdays and is comfortable with this decision.
B is a doctor. She used to work on Sundays before she became a Christian, but because the church service is held on a Sunday, she makes the decision to change jobs so that she can attend the Sunday service.
In this case, both A and B are right in what they do, as they are still spending time with their Creator, which is the purpose of worship. They are free to do this on different days, since they are still fulfilling what is required.
Now when C hears that B changed jobs so that she can go to church on a Sunday, C feels that this is what should be done. C starts hinting to A that perhaps she should do as B has done. After a while, A starts thinking something like, 'Well, B gave up her job so that she could go to church on Sunday, maybe what I'm doing is wrong.'
C has now become a stumbling block to A, as he has caused her to start doubting something that was right between her and God.
Well, ok, maybe it's a slightly flawed example. I just didn't feel like copying the one that's written, about not eating meat vs being free to eat anything. With most things that are not definitely written, we have some leeway on, because as long as we continue to seek Him to the best of our ability, we can't go too far wrong.
Which brings me to my recent thoughts that run along a similar line. It is quite obvious that sex before marriage/insert-similar-bonded-partner-ritual-here is wrong. I'm sure it feels good and all, but I'm also sure it's worth waiting for.
But what about pleasuring yourself?
2 comments:
everytime you masturbate, god kills a kitten
i guess that means id get charged with kittenocide
Post a Comment