Sunday, 4 June 2006

Today was the concert rehearsal and performance at UTS, Blackfriars campus.
It went well.
During the break the choir had after the rehearsal but before the performance, a lot of people went to Broadway for lunch.
I had $1.95
I spent $1.90 of it on a salmon and avocado sushi roll. Almost everyone went and got sushi actually.
Then we sat around talking for a bit. I was still hungry, so we speculated what I could get with my remaining 5c coin. Nuts and sultanas were suggested.
After randomly asking the baritone soloist whether he was married (because I saw he was wearing a ring on his fourth finger, and a pretty silver ring it was too), I decided to go see if I could buy some nuts with my 5c coin. And because I wanted to get away from all the people laughing at me -_-; Robert Emmett
After asking unsuccessfully at several shops, I went to the Bi-Lo, where I saw a box of button mushrooms. I picked up a small one, waited for about 5-10min in the express line. The following ensued:
Checkout guy - "Just the mushroom?" He picks up the mushroom and puts it onto the laser pad thing.
Me - "Yes. I only have 5 cents."
Checkout guy - "5 cents it is." Mushroom and 5cent coin are exchanged.

I walked back up to the group in the food court.
"What'd you get?" one asked.
"A mushroom." I show off the small white button mushroom. Applause from all at the table.
The baritone soloist interests me because he has a transfixingly enchanting voice. (So did the soprano soloist.) And he is attractive, in a mature sort of way. I dare not look him in the eyes, I glanced at them once or twice when he wasn't looking at me and found them captivating. I am afraid that I will develop a crush on him. Already I find myself wanting to get whatever information I can find about him. He's a 29yo math teacher at St Andrews Cathedral School, this year he only has a yr11 class.

No comments: