Saturday, 8 November 2008

Blogger layouts

I just spent 3 hours changing this blog over to the new (well ok, it's not really new anymore) layouts thing. Didn't even realise how much time had passed until all of a sudden, this chorus of birdsong erupts from outside the window.

... what the hell.
I don't think I'll be doing the same for the quotes blog, even though there'd be relatively few changes, since that one uses the default colour scheme.

Well, hopefully this will make it easier to fiddle with things. I'm not entirely pleased with the new widget stuff, but at least there's an easy way to edit them using page elements.
I'm partly annoyed by them because I don't have the patience to bother figuring out the tagging for it all.
But mostly because the adding of widgets goes to the sidebar by default. If I want to add something to the main column of the blog (see the Geocaching image above), I need to do a little more fiddling. Granted, the fiddling is a simple cut and paste. But that is not my gripe with it, I don't mind messing with the guts of a webpage.

And to think I could have been at Rel's place all this time. *sigh* Stupid being responsibleness.

No comments: