Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Hueg exec meeting

Was almost late for the 10am doctor's appointment. She was not particularly gentle; I forgot to ask if I could have the speculum, and was taught how to examine myself for something like frozen peas. A vein was found in my left arm, but I don't think she managed to get it, since my arm hurt for a quite some time afterwards, distracting me greatly from study. It consequently bruised up over the next few hours.

I was attempting study on the Concourse when Wormbo87 showed up with a 6 pack of rum in cans and a leg of lamb, for an exec meeting later on in the day, having finished his last exam on Monday. He disappeared to the gym shortly after.

Noting the continuing failures at attempting to study, I met up with Rel, had lunch with him, then followed him to St Leonards, where the exec meeting was to be held - at Subfuture's house. Down Chandos, left and opposite side of the road at the lights. 141?/6 Willoughby Rd

More attempts at study in Subfuture's room resulted in much falling asleep, due to it being the first day of bleeding. I was offered food by Wormbo87 twice, but refused both times; I'd already eaten lunch.

Afterwards Subfuture took us (myself, and the exec sans Sophismata) to the Bazaar Beer Cafe for dinner; the deep fried mushrooms and salmon I had were quite tasty. I didn't drink because I hadn't actually finished exams yet, but there were massive half litre beer mugs.
They make an especially good souffle; sort of like a hollow, thick shelled cake with melty chocolate goodness inside. It was joked that it wasn't fragile, like the French ones; the Germans had gotten their hands on it and made supports for it so it didn't fall over when being carried out.

Subfuture had absinthe; it was served with lit sugar, which he was meant to dunk into the absinthe when it had caramelised, but the flames went out before it got to that stage.

Headed back to Subfuture's place so that he could fetch his pipe and some vanilla tobacco, which he smoked on the way to the station. It wasn't as foul smelling as expected; in the words of Wayfinder, it was a dessert pipe.

When we got to Central, Wormbo87 decided to head home, so I stayed with him on the platform while the rest headed back to the Bunker to watch Bender's Game, the latest Futurama movie.
Wormbo87 called up Kidneys so he could get a lift, since he'd been drinking.
Turns out there was trackwork.

No comments: