Thursday, 20 November 2008

Exams over!

09:30-12:10 Intro to Materials exam was all multiple choice. I hope I went alright in it. I left early because I really didn't feel like staying and checking all 100+ answers.

Spent the next 6 hours with Rel, studying while waiting for him to arrive, then wandering with him for lunch at the Sunflower cafe. He didn't have enough money with him so I paid most of the bill. Afterwards I still didn't feel like studying (actually I didn't get any done after he arrived) so we headed towards Broadway to find that chocolate shop in Glebe. Walked through the shopping centre because it was hot and there was air conditioning; found the place not far from the food court exit. It's called San Churro, and is open until 11pm most nights.

I may have forgotten to flush the toilet after I'd finished using it, since I'd been trying to hurry with fiddly tampons. One of the ladies remarked that "You should flush the toilet after you finish using it, it's disgusting!" but I hadn't noticed if she'd flushed already, wasn't sure if she was talking to me, or even if she'd come out of the one that I'd just used, so I stared at her awkwardly, slightly insulted at her tone. Then I figured that she had hands and therefore she could flush it herself if she was going to be all uppity at a stranger, so I just left.

Rel probably wondered why I wanted to get back to uni in such a hurry; I felt like fleeing Broadway and set an appropriately fast pace which completely undid the work of the nice air conditioning.

Principles of Forensic Science was a massive room mix up with the PMQA people. I hope they got their allotted time, I know we did.
The room lights were set to work on motion sensing. They kept turning off. The exam was full of essays. The lights turning off at the beginning wasn't so bad, since the exam started ~18:00 so there was still sunlight. But we were all quite pissed off near the end; the room was plunged into absolute darkness by 21:00. At least we got a bit of extra time to make up for it.

Found Rel in the Bunker afterwards. No one else had showed up for EGG; I was disappointed, but nonetheless pleased to see him. Spent some time with him in the Bunker before heading off for a dinner of eel at Kura. It was tasty despite having many small bones, which I ate because it wasn't feasible to pick them all out. He paid for dinner since I'd paid for lunch earlier.

Headed back to his place after that. Much awkward fun was had, involving a towel, the shower, and a distinct lack of clothing. Eventually went to sleep ~04:00.
He woke briefly ~08:45 21 Nov to answer the phone (it was Optus), and remarked that it was not something he wanted to wake up to. We lurked in bed, touching, waking and sleeping until sometime after 13:00. Unfortunately I discovered that I'd leaked and left a massive bloodstain on his bedsheet. It had stained through, but fortunately the mattress protector meant it hadn't gotten into his mattress too. It was all put into the wash.

Headed to the bus stop after a quick breakfast of orange juice (which I'd taken from the Health Conference lunch at uni) and bread with blackberry jam. Caught the 400 bus to UNSW for my final eye checkup, then headed back to uni. Didn't find Rel on the lower levels and was feeling too lazy to check 1.6.megalab so I just lurked in Achaea in 1.3.lab until 19:00. (Turns out he was in 1.6.megalab until about 18:00, when he went to open the rooms for EGG.) Got food from Subway with him, then watched Bender's Game. It wasn't that amusing, but there were some good references to a lot of things that I actually understood.

Was interrupted halfway through by a reading of Skippy's List.

Close to 21:00, Beani and Wayfinder showed up with McDonalds. Headed off home after watching a Youtube video featuring a vehicle accident involving a real life clown van.

No comments: