Thursday, 22 September 2005

I was in the Basement Books store looking for Cisco books. I think I missed out on CCNA 3&4 though, I saw some gaps on the shelf.

Some random came up to me and asked if I was Christian, apparently because he'd noticed the cross scar on my left arm. Few people know what that is actually about.
Anyway, I said yes. Then he asked me about something in the Bible. I couldn't hear him too well, but I think it was either something from John 1 (In the beginning was the Word, etc.) or Genesis 1. I think he said "Before the world", but I don't remember that being in the Bible... he was confused about there being something before something was created.
I said I didn't know. It turned out he's doing a Master's course in IT at UTS, after having been trained as an Electrical Engineer. O_o Talk about coincidence. He's at uni every Friday.
Ended up swapping names and email addresses - he gave his mobile number too. I didn't give him mine; but I couldn't think up an excuse on the spot when he asked if I have a mobile or something, so I said No... *sigh* I need to stop spontaneously lying like that.

I should email him. Ask him what he was actually asking about.

No comments: