Sunday, 11 September 2005

The school was having a fete or something, so we all went to Ian's house for the service. Afterwards, we had a late father's day celebration thing. Made italian stuffs - tortellini with white sauce... ok, it was more like heating it up and putting it into a bowl.
Lunch at 1pm, then mucking around for about an hour afterwards. John, Karen, Steph, Brian and Derek played Sticky Situation. Jeremy was working on his psychology paper - the one he did the experiment for about... 2 or 3wks ago. I helped him proofread it, but I think after 3 years here, his English has gotten pretty good.
Played some chinese flutes. One was a G flute (started on D, would play F# but not F). The other was a C flute (more normal). Ended up going downstairs with one and giving it to Jeremy so he could have a go; he couldn't get much sound out of it though, despite having been a flautist in the past. Perhaps in the distant past. *shrugs*

Went back home and did more on the building of the new computer. The motherboard works. So does everything else I've put in so far (yay! I haven't exploded any expensive parts yet! x_x; )
The heatsink and fan for the P4 LGA775 is huge. The design of the CPU and fan attachment to the motherboard are quite different. It is interesting. There are no spikes on the CPU anymore (good! They can't get bent if they're not there!), they're all on the motherboard. Certainly explains the 'motherboard only has the ability to mate with the processor 20 times' thing in the manual. x_x

Anyway, enough blogging. I should get the computer finished off.

No comments: