Monday, 26 December 2005

Today is a sad day, because my phone no longer works. I fell into salt water while it was still in my pocket. It still turns on, but the buttons don't work properly. I'm not surprised. I hope it's still under warranty.
How did that happen, you wonder?
Well, today, my family set off around 0800 on a holiday. I went with. We stopped off at some place next to the road for a break and free tea and biscuits. The toilets were supposedly filthy.
We arrived at an information place some time later - I slept in the car, but there are photos of it.
We arrived at Valhalla Apaloosa Stud around 1100. The people before us hadn't left yet, so we headed to Haskonkiss (?) for lunch, which turned out to be fish and chips, a nice juicy bbq chicken and weird tasting milkshake. Saw the ocean, shallow and deep; so many blues.Cool wind Played on a red rope structure thing. There are pictures of that too. It was much fun; I haven't climbed about like a monkey for a long time. XD
Headed back to accommodation at Valhalla around 1500, played pool or did other stuff till 15:45. Then headed across the gravel road to go for a horseride until 1700. It was alright; lots of thwacky plants though. Horse herd mentality is really difficult to deal with. The inside of my lower legs are going to be very sore tomorrow; they came back bruised after much trotting.
Then mum and dad decided we'd go canoeing in the nearby (salt) river. It was just frustrating. The canoes wouldn't respond to paddling; the kayak leaked and had a stupid tendency to go to the right no matter how much I paddled; the small wharf was slippery and that's how I fell into the water.
Oh. And there's no power point in the room my siblings and I are sleeping in. Dinnertime.

No comments: