You may go if you need to
There is no obligation to remain here
No need to continue talking
No need to stay up
Let me be
Let me cry
Let what little of me remains die
So that perhaps the new day will bring something different
Something more worthy of your care
Something more logical, to match your mind
Let friends be friends
Not confused half lovers
A gift given should not be withdrawn
Whether wrong or right
The past cannot be relived
So let what was, remain as such
Let the past not repeat itself
But let it become something purer.
I will not regret.
It has been done.
Not you, not I, not anyone else
Can say otherwise
Let it be; leave it be
Who are you to mess with my memories
My mind is my own
You have your own
Let me maintain mine as I see fit
If at all.
Right or wrong, it matters not now
Do not insist that it does!
If it was right, let it be so.
If it was wrong, repent and move on.
It was enjoyed, and experience gained
Do not deny the existence of good things
Do not deny the existence of bad
Accept them as they are
So that balance is maintained.
Something happened between my friend and I.
Yes, it hurt a little.
But that is all you will ever know.
I have made my peace with myself
Be content and do not ask.
Just as your past is hidden from me
So I hide this from you
For the sake of both of us.