Friday, 7 April 2006

Met up with Net147 for the first time after what felt like a long while. Not sure if it actually was. It only occurred because I said a (few?) day(s) before that I wouldn't have seen him between the last time removed himself from my existence and the next.
We walked from Central to Hyde Park, with me in a sort of morose/dead mood. Ate some food next to the red fountain surrounded by grass and stepped flowerbeds. The ground under the grass was damp. There were some crows that kept hopping in and out of the water. He remarked that he hadn't seen a working fountain for a long time. Apple sandwich is crunchy yet odd.
It got cold; we spent some time chasing the last of the sunlight. I thought it was rather fitting for a last thing to do; it was one of the first things we'd done together. Grass poke. Tears. Shivering. Warmth.

No comments: