Spent 15-30min trying to use Integer.toInteger(some_string) in a program to turn a string into an integer.
The correct method is Integer.parseInt(some_string). Too bad I couldn't remember that and had to ask someone.
Spent 15min looking around for Tillius. Turns out I told him the wrong level of the building of where my class was. -_-;
Walked up to TH, visiting Galaxy World on the way. Played 2 games of pool (He won the first, and lost the second because he sunk the black too early) and two games of air hockey. Time kept running out on the air hockey. We spent maybe half an hour hitting 2-4 white balls around the pool table. Oddly high from it.
From there, walked to Darling Harbour to the Convention Center thingy. There's actually 2 pianos, not just one as I'd previously thought. I need a lot more practice at the pieces I'm accompanying Liz with. Kept making mistakes and hitting the wrong keys, though I do partially blame the light and my height (or rather, the lack thereof), which resulted in me not being able to comfortably read the music.
Decided to leave Darling Harbour when it started getting dark. Tillius got the mad idea that we should try and get to the roof of some of the buildings. We chose the HSBC building (a bank) as our first attempt. We got all the way up to the top office floor before some lady decided that we weren't supposed to be there and told us politely, but irritatingly repeatedly, to take the lift back down to ground floor. There was a separate 'special' lift that went higher, but because the stupid lady was there, we couldn't take it up. There was also a man, who ushered us into the lift with "Come on, kids." I TAKE OFFENCE TO THAT!
The lady kept muttering to the old man (he wasn't really all that old, I'm just irked I got called a kid) about having to contact security the entire time we were in the lift with her.
Tillius and I just walked out of the building looking like we knew exactly what we were doing. We cracked up as soon as we got outside though.
Our second attempt was more frustrating and involved a higher building, the 'World Tower' (IMO, arrogantly named, especially considering what happened with the towers and terrorists in USA) which actually had a security panel implemented in the lifts. The highest level was 77; we managed to get up to level 69 in the residential part of the tower. None of the floors had windows! >_<
We didn't have the nifty security things; nor did we have anyone living there that we could call. So we just took the lift up with some residents.
Going up and down many floors multiple times at a reasonably high speed causes headaches. The change in air pressure causes screwed up hearing, but that is only temporary.
Went home after that. Train was going to take 15min to get to TH; we took the next train to Strathfield in hopes that there would be a Newcastle train there that would get us home faster, but we were out of luck. So we had to wait the 15min and take the train we were originally going to take, from Strathfield. It was an all stops service. (read: slow) We saw a mouse darting under and out from the tracks.
It started raining really hard when we got to Denistone.
No comments:
Post a Comment