DCA lecturer knows what he's talking about. A nice change from last semester's PDC lecturer. Unfortunately, he also talks really really fast, so I will have to brush up on my note-taking skills.
Walked around the city looking for that CCNA 1&2 textbook. TextsInTheCity had it for $79.95.
Went up to USyd and met up with Tillius. The Fisher Library has a lift. It took me about 10min and much walking around to find it though.
Went down to level 2 and browsed online for maybe an hour.
Left the library around 14:00 to walk back to UTS, since the Secondhand Books and Bits store was there. Bought self an Easy Way drink on the way. I think the guy (the chinese one was there today) was tired or something. He stuffed up my order rather badly. How did 'coconut jelly milk tea with mini pearls and no ice' become 'milk tea with mini pearls and jelly' anyway? But it was ok. He's been working there for almost a year now. Certainly since the store opened, because I remember him telling me that they didn't stamp the membership cards during opening promotion periods.
Spent some time in 2BB, then watched Tillius leave - to make sure he got through the door ok (he had a Tute and a Lecture 15:00-17:00). Browsed Co-op Bookstore nearby Tower building. CCNA 1&2 Companion Guide Revised Edition 3 not there. Took train to Town Hall. Walked down George St, through World Square - nice decorations, but no textbook stores - and down Pitt St. Finally found Angus and Robertson bookstore. They didn't have it either. The goth-like dude on duty - my memory is so bad, I don't remember his name - told me that their "computer system decided that they didn't need to order some more when they'd sold out" (Heheheh. Blame the system.) so it wouldn't be available until something like the end of next week. Good thing is that it will have 20% discount, so will be around $80.00. I PM'd Michael, the BIT Site Admin to the lhco BScIT forum. Hopefully there will be BITs who hated Net1 so much that they will be selling that book. I wonder if I can get it for $75.00 off one of them.
Took train from Martin Place to Town Hall to Circular Quay. Walked to Opera House. It was windy. Tillius found me - I admit it, I can be very single-minded - taking pictures of the Harbour Bridge and getting frustrated at my inability to hold the camera still. The wind wasn't helping. It was strong enough to blow me off balance. It was strong enough to blow Tillius off balance. O_o
Ate the sandwich mum made me this morning while on the jetty/wharf thing on the water. It was tasty. Gave Tillius some of the green cake. It got cold. Took a few more photos, then decided to head home because it was getting dark and cold.
Something that came about from mentioning inability to hold camera still.
»::Kunama::« says:
why don't my arms stay still when I'm taking photos?!
q=-) -=Net147=- q=-) says:
you like need someone to hold you still or something? *tries to hold her still*
I wish reading things like that wouldn't wreak momentary havoc on my emotions. Emotional neutrality/stability mostly regained after a slower - what seemed, to me, like a proper - re-reading of the line.
Why does the sms car battery follow me around??
*runs away from acidic, heavy, digit-crushing object*
No comments:
Post a Comment