Monday, 27 March 2006

Set up John's home network. Fiddly thing. Modem -> Router -> 1 computer wired, 1 computer wireless. Took a while to get working, because I didn't have a clue about wireless. I suspected something about the channel turning itself to 12. It worked after it was turned back to 11.
And then they wanted windows workgroup to work too. I was stumped about that though. Came back home and asked Net147, he suggested ensuring same-named workgroup, firewalls, file and print sharing, enabling guest account and netbios, and domain things. *sigh* Fiddly windows. Less than some other OSs I guess, but still annoying.

I wasted all day on Achaea without meaning to. Stupid Faron. He went afk and didn't respond to anything. He hadn't even set a normal timeout value.
Wess got kicks out of it though, since I did random bored things like tip fresh blood over Faron, dip a karma book into a bowl of blood and whack him over the head with it, cast a reflection over him then kick him (which resulted in no damage whatsoever), and other such things. I thought of doing some serious damage, but thought I'd better sleep.

No comments: