Didn't sleep all night. When it started getting light - around 06:00 - I spent probably half an hour trying to get the cover off my computer, then plugged in and installed the drivers for the PCI modem Net147 had lent to me the last time we met. It's called a Lucent Win Modem.
Was home alone since dad had gone to work and bro to school for some Robocup thing. Net147 was doing work experience (IT work) with some company in the city. Around 10am Net147 sms'd me saying that he was wearing a suit and had gel in his hair. This I decided that I had to see, so I packed my physics textbook, Cheltenham Girls' 2u maths half yearly exam, along with some spare paper and my pair of brown boots into my light blue bag, put the pocketknife Zugai gave me into my pocket, pulled on my rollerblades, and bladed to Epping station.
Did some study on the train out. Contemplated getting out at Central, then decided that I wanted to DDR, so ended up getting out at Town Hall anyway.
DDRd to Dam Dariram, Dai Ken Kai and .59, all on standard. Averaged a C.
Bladed to 477 Pitt St, got there about 12:03, pranked Net147 (I didn't hang up early enough and he picked up), only to have him messaging me some 10 minutes later anyway to ask if I was there.
I watched for him from a corner while leaning over a railing that looked over people eating lunch. When he appeared close to 12:20, he looked confident and smiled when he saw me. He was indeed in a suit, but there wasn't quite enough gel in his hair for it to be obvious from a distance. We sat. I couldn't stop laughing for some reason - probably because he looked... not quite normal in the suit, especially when he ate scotchbread fingers and dropped crumbs on his pants and shirt. He offered me some, but I said I'd had enough of those biscuits during the last week. However, I did drink about a quarter of the small bottle of water he offered. Well, after I'd stared at it with some curiosity, wondering if it would taste the same as Singleton's water. I couldn't tell. Later, he said he'd tasted something in the top layer of the water, a sort of tangy taste. I honestly don't know what it was.
We went for a walk around the block. I tripped and almost fell over the tram rails in the road, most likely from going too slow over them. Embarrassing. It was bad enough standing bent over in the middle of the road, I'm glad I didn't end up on my butt in the middle of the it. ._.;;; Talked some about random things. Almost fell over another two times, but nowhere near as badly as the first. Headed back to the Central Arcade (I think that's what 477 Pitt St was called) and sat on the cold, mottled red stone seat. I touched his adam's apple. He's ticklish there. Our hands were cold, so we touched/held hands and compared. Couldn't decide whose was colder. Since I had the chance, I linked my fingers with his, looked at the back of both our clasped hands and smiled. It felt... right. I tried to ignore the feeling that it wasn't the right place, and was partly successful in screening out the dull roar of other people and traffic. What seemed like a short time later, he straightened out his fingers, so I let him go. It was almost time for him to be getting back; he'd decided to stay until 13:00 instead of just the half hour he'd been given. He waved and shook my hand, then turned, went up the stairs and turned left.
I spent the next two hours wandering around the city aimlessly, eventually finding myself back at Town Hall, and from there, I took the train home.
Tried out the Lucent by dialing up to the internet account Net147 had set up for me on his home network. He'd done it from work, via Windows Remote Server 2003. It worked. I spent the next 51 minutes surfing the net through a dialup connection, and then dad came back and noticed that I was online without the cable modem. Didn't take him long to realise I was using dialup. He had a very mini rant about how if mum or anyone else had wanted to call in they wouldn't have been able to. Fact was, mum had already called earlier, around 09:30.
Turns out I disconnected just as Net147 logged on. I was switching to cable. Spent some time online after that, generally talking to people and half-roleplaying with Net147.
No comments:
Post a Comment