Monday, 19 July 2004

Precious memories, treasured time, valued all the more because physical contact is limited by time and distance. It seems that barriers in real life are harder to breach; neither of us are very talkative, nor are we consciously telepathic, though I wish passionately that we were. It is difficult to tell what he is thinking, and there is chance of inaccuracy in guessing/assuming.

10am at Town Hall, we agreed. I ran out of the house at 8:30 to catch the bus from the stop across the road, only to see the bus turn at the top of the street. I ran all the way to the other end of the street. Got there breathless, just in time.
The train got to TH early, so I watched two seagulls looking cold. "Sprinkling." That blue-cream coat, it is indeed one that can be worn inside out. Cream is furry and warm, and blue is coll windcheater material; the sort that makes sound if one touches it. Temperature made colder by windchill. Glad I had two layers, and an extra jacket in my bag. He had four layers. Brisk pace kept me warm. DDR'd at Galaxy World. 1, Butterfly; 3, Love ♥ Shine; 2, a new song that I've forgotten the name to. It had a freeze in it that caught me by surprise. Not a bad one to dance to, though; good beat, step pattern challenging to follow.
Walked around for a while. Bought a salmon+avocado sushi roll. "I need a new protractor. I keep using them as frisbees. They make good frisbees though!" He spotted an Officeworks, turned out it was on Clarence St (*shudder* memories of flute exam in AMEB office music rooms), we went in. CD labels cost $20 that I didn't have. He bought a protractor, 15cm metal ruler, and a CD pen, permanent. Walked some more. It sprinkled rain and blew it into our faces. It kept getting into my eyes. Decided to go to Darling Harbour.
Started out at where all the boats were moored. Saw a jellyfish in light green water, yellow boat taxis, seaweed in dark green water. Saw some dark blue green water with a line floating on the surface. There was a bare patch of damp sand/dirt there. He doesn't like leaving tracks either; he stepped over the patch twice, not stepping in it.
Walked around some more and ended up sitting on stone 'steps' near Tumbalong Park. Birds looking for food on the grass. Cold stone, cold hands. He kept looking left, with very little expression on his face. That confused me some; wasn't sure if he wanted me to touch him. I wonder if his neck got sore. Wallet in right pocket. Light.. grey/cream? trimmed with darker.. blue?
The sun came and went, but the wind was fairly constant. Eventually, the sun stayed behind the clouds. We turned our backs to the wind, and I sort of leaned into his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head against/over my shoulder. Secure. He blocked the wind for me, but as a result, he got the full force of it, and I wasn't able to warm he up; he didn't stop shivering. Back of his hands, linked over my chest, were cold on my palms. After a while, I decided that I didn't want to get sick from sitting in the wind for too long, so we got up and started walking again.

Found a gaming place, checked it out. Went to toilets and saw good Korean art stuff in the store window nearby. Wandered around water. Walked over water display, setting a bad example for the younger kids who happened to be watching. We are so not responsible if they just happened to fall in after we'd gone around the corner.
Spent some time walking all the way around the outside of the Chinese Garden wall, looking for a way in. When we found it, we just ignored the price board and walked in. The woman at the counter didn't say anything, though I suspect that she noticed.

The chinese garden is quite nice, though is probably better enjoyed in finer weather.
Small pagoda with ying yang in stone in center on ground. He walked around deosil, and I walked widdershins. I tried to climb the white arch while he sat in the pagoda and wondered what I was doing. Sunlight making the tips of his hair goldbrown.
Walked off the path into a bamboo forest, (rat poison boxes seen) and around to a stone pillar pagoda representation. Quiet there. Went off the path for the sake of doing something I was probably not supposed to do. =P Later, we stayed for about an hour in a pagoda on what was the representation of a mountain. There was a small waterfall near there, so a rather constant sound of water falling on water. Too bad it was near a road; the sound of drilling and other building work could also be heard.
Lean over the rail to look at the water, not wanting to move on, wanting more time with him. I sit. A dead looking tree with small furry buds. Small black and white birds with orange under their tails that ate the buds. Net147, kneeling on the red seat, his head on his arm on the rail, half-lidded eyes watching me. Me sitting sideways, head on arm on the rail, watching him. Stares, and both of us bursting into airy giggles. Brown eyes, thoughtful, watchful, content, loving. Turn my back to the wind, press against him because he's sitting now; lean my head against him. He links his hands together over my chest. They smell slightly of the sea, and seaweed. I rub my cheek against them. Soft. Feel the comfortable weight of his head resting heavy on mine, fuzzy hair tickling the back of my neck. Lean over to high his leg; his pants have no map pocket. He makes soft sounds, deep, quiet clues to the way he feels. And they, too, feel right, resonating gently through my body. I love you; this is new; warm. Some are indescribable. I want ot hear more, want to learn to interpret them, because they can tell me what he is thinking and feeling. He uses them more than he does words, and in a way, that is better, because sometimes I felt that I didn't want to talk, but still wanted to communicate. Our love needs no words. Looked up, looked at him, licked the dry but red wound on his face. He smiled, put his hand over it, and wouldn't tell me what had happened. The wounds on his face are almost symmetrical; about the same size, same place on both cheeks, and one on his forehead, sort of between his eyes. I can't think of anything other than abrasion or scratching that would cause shallow wounds of those shapes. The fine red spots of the exposed layer underneath could be clearly seen, covered by a dried layer of protective serum.
I nosed his face a few times. I'm not sure why. Possibly the wolf side of me coming out. Kunama is so deeply integrated into me.
Our faces, close and in contact. It was around then that I wondered if he would kiss me. I've decided that I won't make the first move in that aspect. He will kiss me when he is ready; I am prepared to wait. He's still learning; relationships are what he has the least experience in. Am I his teacher? I am the first girl to get so close to him, and everytime I think about that, awe, honour, and a sort of reponsibility settle onto me. A quick kiss on my forehead.
He was shivering. I wrapped my arms around him, let my hand rest on his chest. Even through four layers of clothing, I could feel his heartbeat. Not a constant beat, like the first time, when we'd followed the sunset at Carver Cr. This time, it was fluttery, irregular. Maybe it was his shivering. His hand, warm on mine, and his breathing, regular, different sounding. His coat has a hood. The inside of it is cream coloured and furry. It was easier to hug him around his waist, so I did. Backs of my hands, crossed over, in a warm place, the inside of his legs. Trying to shield him from the wind and small, spitting water droplets with my own body. "Your heart is warm and soft..."
But he wouldn't stop shivering... "It's just I got a little wet from you being so close to me."

It rained, or tried to rain, about five times. After quite some time, three people stood there reading the sign about the pagoda. We decided that we should go. I looked back and saw the three taking a seat in the pagoda.
We spent a short while making sure that we hadn't missed any places in the Chinese garden. Went to the toilet; there were only two cubicles, and the people were taking a while. He warmed his hands with the hand dryer.
Spent another few minutes looking through the souvenir shop and tea house. After that, we just walked out again, passing the same woman who'd been there several hours ago."Walk in, walk out. That place needs better security."

I was curious about a shiny building (I forget the name now, but it was pretty much opposite the Chinese garden) so we went inside and walked through it. It was quiet, not so cold, and there was blue patterned carpet there. He remembered being inside the building before for something, but I forget what that was too.
We walked until we came to a map, where we decided we'd go up and see Darling Harbour from a higher viewpoint. Up stairs, two at a time; two sets of escalators, and then red carpet. Walk down a corridor with realistic-looking food displayed in small glass cabinets in the wall (-_-;) until we come to the glass doors leading onto the balcony. Push the left one open. Look over the edge - big mistake. As much as I'd like to reject it, the fact remains that I'm scared of heights. Primal fear, makes hair stand on end. Walk over to metal structure in the middle of the balcony, look inside, walk over to other side of balcony and look down again. There's a security camera there, and it looks rusty. Look out, to the stone-water swirl. "Want to walk on that later?"
Open the same door, notice partly open door inside on the right. Open it, no creaks. Darker room, stacked chairs, more red carpet. Another door - he opens it, looks inside; I hold the first open, just in case. "Anything in there?" There is - it's an amphitheatre. Rows and rows of tiered seats (probably at least 60 rows), a black stage on which stand/sit three or four people, doing something. Two others, not on the stage, one looked like a technician. A laptop on the stage near the side closest to us, around which is a child, and possibly an older person. Radio music. Lights. Black curtains.
Close the door. Close the outer door. Walk back through the corridor and wonder at the rather large painting of a burning wick on the wall.

Down the escalators, out a side door, walk through Darling Harbour and onto the black stone-water swirl display thing. "I don't think it's on." Walk over for about 30 steps, then I decide that wet socks are no fun and step up and out. Walk through the arcade, looking for food. Saw a woman fancifying candles by shaving slices half-off and bending them into a platform thing. Went to the toilet again. Decided that the price of food in the arcade was grossly inflated. "Want to just go and get a burger?"

We spent a short amount of time wandering around the streets after we got out of Darling Harbour, looking for food since we were both getting hungry. Ended up walking back to TH station. Near the station was a row of food stores. I bought a chicken souvlaki, and he said something like, "Heh, that's what I always buy. That, or pizza." Then he bought one too. We kept walking through the underground arcade, which eventually opened out onto George St, not too far away from the gaming arcades. The machines in Galaxy World had people dancing on them already, so we stood in the rain, me gnawing on the skewer to get the last of what was quite a tasty lunch off it, waiting for the lights to turn green.
We DDR'd at Playtime - 1 Dam Dariram, 2 Kiss Kiss Kiss, 3 Dai Ken Kai. Not a bad result.
Then headed back through the underground arcade, where he bought his train ticket home - he had to get a haircut - and I bought a second chicken souvlaki. Managed to finish almost half the stick before I spotted him again.

Finished the stick as we were going down to the platforms. There was a crowd of people waiting to go through the gates. We were on the same platform - sheer coincidence that there was trackwork on that day. And my train was just about to come in.
He hugged me. Surprised me a bit, I was hoping he would but wasn't expecting it. The train arrived, and I had to go. He turned and walked to the other side of the platform, behind the wall, heading further down, so I walked in the same direction. He looked back and smiled.

Saw an old woman at Epping trying to stuff her train ticket into the slot where it was supposed to come out. I tapped her arm and said, "here," gesturing to the ticket-in mechanism. It was vaguely amusing.

No comments: