Saturday, 3 July 2004

Tier 3 A Company 2 Platoon

On the bus, we saw on the back window of a car: "If you can read this what the hell has happened to my caravan"
 
When we got to Singleton, 2nd Lt Charlton, CUO La Pouple, Sgt Yu (Angus) and I walked with the only guy from Trinity from the Water Point to Happy Tank with all our gear. I shouldn't have brought the echelon bag along.
 
Didn't think I'd come across Heywood again. He's still a corporal. In the same platoon as I am for this AFX. He hasn't changed. His bush hat still makes him look like he's got a ponytail. He's wearing different boots, though. He left his favourite purple ones at home.

Turns out they ARE running ATA - Adventure Training.. something. -_-; I reckon I didn't get in because our unit didn't have the map needed for the Navigation pretest, so I couldn't complete that section.

Basically sat around all day. Around lunch time, Cpt Brereton told everyone who didn't have packed lunches to form up, and then she yelled at us about it. The reason why some... three fifths of the people present didn't have packed lunches was because none of us were told about it. We didn't have a clue. They gave us ratpacks - ration packs. I ate one of the boil packs cold and swapped my chewing gum with Angus for diced peaches.

They gave us several talks by quite a few officers in the evening. One of them was an MP - Military Police. He basically talked about his job. And of course, Cpt Brereton gave the frat talk.
 
Made no difference. People still screwed each other. Even Davo, down in Tier 1a, was caught for frat twice, though I reckon it was so minor it wouldn't even count.

No comments: