Wednesday, 22 December 2004

Just got back from Tristan's party not too long ago. It wasn't too bad.

Arrived around 18:00 after driving up and down the same section of the road twice. Dad carried the crappy monitor up, and I gave it to Tristan.
Tillius and Lukasz were already there when I arrived. I gave Tillius the CD with Angel's Egg on it.
Tillius and Lukasz were throwing darts. Actually, a major part of 5 hours was spent throwing darts... we even had a dart throwing competition, Lukasz either has good hand-eye coordination, or is exceptionally lucky.
Ingrid and Rebecca arrived not long afterwards. We hung around outside for a bit before going across the rather busy road to the 'Village Green' to play with a yellow frisbee. Nathan arrived with a packet of Chocolate Mints and turned out to be rather good at frisbee throwing.
Dinner wasn't bad; the kebab sticks were quite nice. The mosquitoes came out though. I managed to slap one that was on Tillius' leg. He was like, "Ow! Why'd you do that?!" Then I showed him my hand with (mosquito's) blood on it. "Oh." I somehow managed to get bitten on the bum twice. -_-;;;
Tristan revealed an entire plastic bag of green cylinders full of matches - the ones from the army ratpacks - so I opened one and lit the three citronella torches. No more mosquito bites.
Then much time was spent throwing darts, general mucking around, etc. Dessert was put onto the table and consequently eaten. I sat down on a seat and zoned out for a bit while Rebecca and Ingrid danced and hummed/sung along with the music (on CD) that was playing. Tristan and Nathan talked about people in their youth group.
A while later, everyone somehow managed to gather around into a circle of sorts. They were talking about funny scenes from Simpsons. Ingrid and Rebecca drifted over at some point and we ended up playing Word Association. Lukasz left. Then we played Word Dissociation (which was much harder and somehow less fun), then some strange thing that could be called Song/Melody Association. Then we were going to go back to playing Word Association, but Tillius' dad arrived and Nathan went too because his own parents were at a party of some sort and would be late.
We went inside; Ingrid and Rebecca's ride home arrived. I checked my mobile and found 4(!!) messages and a missed call on it. Tristan showed me the map he'd made based on Stargate SG-1, then dad arrived.

For some reason I had a headache and a sore throat, but stayed up till about 2am playing Princess Maker. (Strangely addictive game ^_^; )
Tillius sms'd me saying that he couldn't get Angel's Egg to play - turns out it was a .ogm file and he didn't have the codecs. I wonder if he got that working.

No comments: