Went to give Net147 the present I bought ages ago. Also gave him three pictures of sunrise at the beach that I took sometime last year. The other two I'm going to give to someone else. I'll have to get copies of them later. He gave me 4 unmarked DVDs, which I labelled when I got home.
I actually left the house around 12:15pm to post Mase's present. Turned out the post office in the shopping centre was closed. So I sat up there for a while, then mum told me to head back home. By the time I got back, it was 12:35. It took everyone ages to get ready, so it was 13:00 by the time we actually left.
Irritatingly, Karen AND dad decided that they would also go with mum and I, 'just to say hello'. However, Net147's mum invited us all in, so my brat of a sister was sent up to check on us at random intervals. Even more annoying, my hearing is so crap that I couldn't hear her whenever she was doing it!
At one point, Net147's mum tried to offer Karen the nose spray that I saw earlier in Net147's room. He'd put it back into his mum's room earlier. Karen didn't seem to know how to say no in a way that actually showed she meant no. I was rather alarmed that a woman whom I'd just met was trying to get my sister to spray something unknown, and hence possibly quite dangerous to her health, up her own nose.
I watched them for a while. It seems that my sister says no in a way that is far too nice or something - much like mum does - and as a result, no one takes her refusal seriously. After about forty seconds, I said from the doorway to his mum, "Better not. She has asthma."
"But this is for asthma. It's just saline solution, it'll clear her nose up."
"No, better not."
Karen looked relieved and sort of ran away. I shot her a warning look. I don't want to have to teach her how to say no to someone! Maybe I'll take her to the markets or something. She might learn quicker that way.
Gave Net147 some clothes too. I don't know whether they fit him or not.
Net147's sister brought up ice cream with sticky rice for us. It tasted good.
Played Für Elise on his keyboard. The plug for the keyboard pedal doesn't fit in properly, so it doesn't work too well. I wonder if I should send him a copy of the piece. His memory is pretty good, he could play the entire first section an hour after hearing it.
His room hasn't changed all that much since the last time I saw it. It's a bit tidier, and the second bed doesn't have so much stuff on it. The Valen tissue box got changed into a pencil/pen holder, and the tissues are now in a white box with shells on it. There's two full plastic boxes under his table now; maybe that's where some of the mess went. Behind the computers is still a mess of wires though. Actually saw it properly this time.
Hugged him from behind a few times. He rubbed his face against mine. It felt nice. His hair is short and tickly. He hugged me from behind once. I could feel his heartbeat racing against my back, and his warmth spread all through my body. How I miss that...
Spent some time just lying on either of the two beds. They're soft. He lay there half asleep for what felt like a long time. I lost track; it's easy to do that while I'm with him. Eventually I ended up sort of massaging his back with one hand. His eyes stayed closed for a long time and didn't twitch so much while I was doing that. I must have tuned out any ambient sound from the computers, because my memory tells me that it was quiet and peaceful; even the breeze coming through the window wasn't too cold. I watched him breathing for a long time.
Went to the beach afterwards, while Derek complained all the way there. The wind was really strong, there were windsurfers out amongst the choppy waves. Parents went to the toilet.
Went to some other place where it was still windy, but closer to the airport. Found some shells worthy of decorating.
Then went to Eastwood. Everyone in the back seat fell asleep on the way there. Mum bought food for dinner, then we went back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment