This time, it broke. I accidentally hit a window with it. For some reason, I was practicing bouncing off walls inside the corridor at home?? It may not have been my home. The glass broke weirdly - as if the window was actually made of glass strips. A third of the window broke, I think some of the glass must have cut the handle. Anyhow, I think I was trying to get away from a changeling/shapeshifter... I remember dealing a lot of damage to him. The rest of the family (not my family, the family that owned the house) were watching TV or something. The parents had three children. One older girl, the changeling boy, and a younger girl. When I ran into the rest of the family, they saw the bruises. His mother was like, "
His older sister divulged to me that he had been that way since he was born. I felt a little guilty.
While I'd been running away/fighting him, I'd gone into an elevator of sorts. I went into that elevator again and hit the button that was labelled something like XH, supposing that it couldn't really go all that far up or down - the building wasn't really that high. But it just kept going, and as it went higher, it started making clunky sounds and got faster and faster... I got really scared when the numbers of the floors stopped at about 20 and the display LCD didn't show anything until the elevator got to the roof of the building. I was in the elevator with someone like me.
When the elevator doors opened, I saw a windy, grassy clearing-sized area, with a tree and some flowers, shrubs, etc. It looked like it was just appearing too - some of the greenery was still somewhat translucent. Nestled amongst one such lot of plant growth was an artifact (I've been playing too much Heroes of Might and Magic II. From here on, the setting changes to a more fantasy-like world), half buried in the ground. It was made of polished wood, shaped much like an irregular quadrilateral. It had a handle, and looked as if it could be used as a blunt sword as well as for riding/flying on, which, I somehow knew instinctively, I would be doing. I hurried over to it, because I didn't want the other person to take it (*slaps self* I'm such a selfish person!) and pulled it smoothly out of the ground. There wasn't even any dirt on it. The other person found an artifact suited to himself as well. I think yet another person talked to us while we were on the roof, I forget. Maybe then we flew off the building. But somehow, we ended up on the ground, where we were met by two others like us. We were given the task of distracting the guards and securing the escape route.
We ended up just tearing the mesh down with our bare hands from the outrageously flimsy wire mesh fence while the four or so guards watched and laughed at us, saying we must have been extremely desperate. In hindsight, I think the other must have made the metal mesh so flimsy with his powers. It felt like spider silk, but it certainly didn't look as fragile as it felt.
Then I woke.
Some observations:
I seem to only be able to fly on wooden objects - broom/mop handles, wooden artifact, cello (Flying on a cello is somewhat freaky. It was difficult to control.)
When having the ability to fly, I'm usually being pursued. Or, in a hurry.
The objects always fly really really fast, and are somewhat difficult to control at the beginning.
There are people whom I don't know/don't recognise appearing in such dreams, but I will work/ally with them without bothering to ask who they are.
I'm strange.
No comments:
Post a Comment