Went into uni today to attend a lecture on how to get scholarships. On the way to building 10, I met one of the part time guys from my course. He was going the opposite way. I thought, 'Eh? Why's he here? Maybe he's going to the same lecture? But he's going the wrong way!' When I reached building 10, I found out that the venue had changed to building 3. That explained it. I saw him in the Guthrie Theatre at some point during the lecture.
There was also a lot of advertising of certain scholarships to the US and UK. Was stupid and didn't bring a pen, so made notes in my phone. Yay for my multipurpose mobile phone!!
Hung around the Tower building for a bit afterwards, looking for a survey, since there was a free lunch happening. Didn't manage to find it. Went over to Building 10 intending to reply to Deline's email (I want that job!) and ended up modifying my crappy geocities site instead. It's here, if you really want to know. I think it looks pretty spiffy now. :D
Eventually went back to Tower building for free lunch. Turned out they were handing out the surveys to people in the line. The survey was also in the booklet that presumeably, ppl had. It was free lunch for International students. There were a pair of ppl speaking German behind me, and one of the Peer Networkers at the table said, "Hello, immigrant!" to the girl in front of me, so obviously I wasn't the only one scabbing free lunch! Yay for looking foreign, even though I have really good English! >_> <_< I borrowed Claire's pen to fill out the survey. After I ate - the chicken was really good, as was the sausage - I spent maybe 10-15min looking for Claire. Eventually found her sitting inside the building - gah, wasted so much time looking outside - next to a girl whom I'd talked to at the School Rumble anime screening not too long ago.
Afterwards, walked up to TH at a rather relaxed pace. Wondered if I should go and get that sparkly blue dildo (no, I haven't forgotten about that, I WILL post it someday, just maybe sometime when Mase has moved out of his parent's place. I know my parents would freak if I got something like that in the post...), but I wanted to get to TH before 15:00, so I didn't. Bought self a New Zealand ice cream cone and ate it slowly. Read in the THLL for a bit before Net147 found the place. He left what felt like was fairly soon afterwards, but was something like half an hour after he'd finished school. I went and bought chocolate from Woolworths, then went home.
I think I will use the method of buying single tickets more often when I need to get to Central only. It's cheaper. I think I'll also extend that method to my buying of monthly tickets - it's much much cheaper.
No comments:
Post a Comment