Got up at 6:45, only to find that mum had left 3 minutes earlier. Consequently was very pissed off. I never get up that early, and the fact that she'd left me behind yet AGAIN (like she does every Sunday, but I usually don't care about Sundays that much) at that hour when I'd actually made an effort to wake up was damned horrible of her. I sent her an angry SMS and didn't talk to her until 23:30 - and even that was a mistake. More on that later.
Ended up getting into the city by about 8:30-9:00. (I forget when exactly.) I fell asleep on the train, so instead of being awake, I was all sleepy. The sleepiness remained all through the OOP exam, despite my drinking water in futile attempts to combat it. I almost fell asleep in the exam. Luckily, it wasn't too difficult - most of the questions were replicas of the past papers. I'm hoping I'll get a High D for OOP, since I've gotten full marks in everything else so far.
Left the exam room (Gallery) about half an hour before the time was up. Anth and Dooie were already out. Petey came out next, and sort of brushed against me or something. Found that rather odd. We hung around waiting for Jo. Anth ran down the up escalator, and was told to go down the down one next time by some old guy in a yellow shirt. We went down to level 5 to watch some weird Led Zeppelin thing - I was disgusted two minutes in and went to see what Tim had on his USB flash drive. There was not much there.
Went back up to level 6, where Dooie proceeded to wrist flick train tickets and a membership card around. They had been throwing paper aeroplanes at each other before.
Jo finally came out and we walked outside. They all decided to go to Northern Beaches - Jo to go home, the other three to watch a movie. (They were supposed to bring Deckker along, but it seems they forgot about it.)
At 12:15, I took my leave of them - they were waiting at the bus stop - to go to the first Animania volunteer session. Shinzo was there already, and there seemed to be a lot of guys waiting outside the room.
The session itself went for 2hrs. It was quite interesting. I did my best to get myself onto the Tech team. I hope I do actually get to be on it. I need practical experience... any practical experience!
After that was over, I went to the Basement Bookstore and read about spycraft until Anth called me. Turns out they'd managed to convince Deckker to come along. He told me to call Deckker and keep him up to date (he didn't know I was coming), since Deckker and I were "really good friends" (or something). So I did. He was surprised. Ended up waiting at Deckker's place for the others to turn up, since they'd decided to meet there. Didn't do much really until they turned up. Deckker was disappointed to find out that he'd missed the movie, which he was supposed to have seen with them.
When they did turn up, we lay around waiting for Jo. She called and said she would be a while. So we went to Broadway and the guys bought beer. 6pack of Carlton Sterling (brown bottles) and 4pack of Smirnoff Ice (clear bottles, vodka with lemon flavour). Deckker then took us to WokMaster, where Petey had sweet & sour pork w/ rice; Anth had those yellow fried crunchy noodle things; Dooie had rice with meat and bamboo in it; I had braised beef in noodles; and Deckker had baked pork chop on rice (or something). $7.50 for a rather nice meal.
After that, we went back to Deckker's place to drink the alcohol and wait for Jo some more. Dooie, who went very red after his first bottle, kept pouring Smirnoff into my cup... it was fizzy... >_< The level of liquid didn't look like it was going down no matter how much I drank! Deckker had a small bottle of red wine. He poured it all out into a huge mug (it had something like "Dear mum, If monsters aren't real, then why is it in the dictionary? Mums are supposed to know these kind of things.") and then left it on the table when we had to leave. Petey was devastated to see good wine being treated so badly.
Beer is indeed an acquired taste. The aftertaste of Sterling (I took a sip out of Petey's bottle) isn't actually too bad, but when it's in your mouth.. ugh.
I remarked that there was an odd, but nice warm feeling in the back of my throat. Anth and Petey immediately went, "Oh~ is that your first drink?"
"Don't tell me that's your first drink!"
"Yeah, it is... first for the night... I've never had that much in my life."
The most recent alcohol I had was the liquid from the bowl of fermented glutinous rice mum had in the fridge, and it was only a shot.
Jo took 80min to turn up, (40min to look for her bf's dog, another 40min to bus to the city) and when she did, it was at TH, so we had to take a bus there. At one point, Brian and Petey went down to the courtyard to meet her (that never happened, she ended up calling and telling us to go to TH). They were gone for maybe 20min. During that time, the following conversation occurred:
Anth: "Hey, would you kiss Petey?"
Me: "Eh? Why?"
Anth: "What if we gave you 1 million? 2million?"
Me: "But why!?"
Anth: "Alright, 3million. No? Ok, 4."
Me: "Tell me why!!"
Anth: "5? 6 and that's my final offer!"
I sat there and looked confused, so he went back to drinking. I'm not sure if it was actually 6. It may have been 5.
About 20min before we left, Dooie poured quite a bit of Smirnoff into my cup. Since I hadn't finished it by the time we were supposed to go, I had to drink it all at once. My tongue burned from the fizz; I'm not at all used to fizziness.
It was a very crowded bus. Walking to the bus stop, I felt warmer than usual. It cost 80c Central -> TH.
QVB -> George St -> King St -> St Patricks Tavern @ maybe 21:15 was where we found Jo, Julio and some other guy. Jo had a black top on with a sparkly V-Neck, Blue jeans and pointy Black heels. She also had a small black bag. The place was dark, small, noisy and stuffy. It was still fairly early, so was also quite clean. Julio (I think) offered me a drink, which I refused politely. I didn't trust him; he and his friend looked very suss.
At some point early on, the following convo happened:
Jo: "Are you going out with Brian?"
Me: "What sort of question is that?!"
Jo: Well are you?
Me: "No, I'm not."
Jo: "But I thought you liked him. You two seem really close."
Me: "Yeah, I do like him, but only as a friend. And besides, he's 25."
Jo: "So? My boyfriend is 23."
Me: O_o
Jo: "Does he like you?"
Me: (assuming Jo means more than just friends) "No~!"
I'd actually considered it before, way back in week 2 or 3 of the semester, but had rejected the notion, either because I'd still been bonded, or was still hoping painfully that the wound would heal. (Looking back on those particular weeks, I suppose it was better that I'd rejected the idea. Relationships formed from common darkness seem to become unsteady rather easily.) Tonight, it had been quite a while from that time. I couldn't get the notion out of my head.
Anth, Petey and Dooie had a shot of Tequila. Something about licking the salt and then having the drink. The band started playing really loud; that was when I went outside. Or rather, stood just inside the doors and enjoyed the warm air. Deckker stood around wasting time with me - probably making sure no one could do random violence on me or something. For that, I'm grateful.
We didn't leave until almost 10. It was decided to go and karaoke on Clarence St, but Dooie, Deckker and I had to leave, so we did, walking back towards TH Station. We kept walking though... Dooie's ticket was from Central and Deckker was going to walk back home, so I decided that I'd walk with them. When parents called, I told them that I was walking towards the train station; when they called again, I told them I had missed the train.
We ended up playing DDR for almost half an hour. Deckker and I failed on the 2nd song (he was supposed to let me adjust the difficulty! I can't do so many feet -_-; ), so he went and played shooting games while Dooie and I played.
The trains were all having trackwork and stuff. I had to wait 15min for my train; nothing compared to 30min for Dooie. Poor guy. We were on the same platforms though, so we could still talk. (Yes, that grammar 'mistake' was deliberate.)
Mum and dad met me at the station. All the gates were open, very weird. Probably because the drunk ones that arrive back at 2am or something would probably hurt themselves trying to get the ticket into the machine. *rolls eyes* On the way home, I told them that I'd walked to Central. That was the mistake. She accused me of doing it deliberately (yes, I did, but I didn't say that to her), and that I'd lied by saying I was at the station when she called the first time (no, I told her I'd said I was heading to the station).
*edit on 19th*
Dooie didn't get back home until 12:05 this morning. His parents had to pick him up from the station too. >_<
*/edit*
I've decided not to tell mum or dad anything more about today. I've also decided that I won't be thinking about today again. I don't want a good friendship to turn awkward. I remember Deckker being rather elated that he'd met a girl (elsewhere, not me!) that was also interested in networking. I wonder what happened to her. I think I told him to go for it, since girls like her were rare ^^;
1 comment:
Your friends are weird.. but interesting. Haha.
Post a Comment