Monday, 27 June 2005

Went to uni to group study today, only most of the group didn't turn up, so I was on my own till about 12. Printed off a whole lot of notes, then went down to the breakout rooms to study. Slept on my arms from about 10:50 to 11:48 - PDC is really broad, and thus, difficult to study for - then went to the Easy Way and bought myself Coconut Milk Tea with mini pearls.
Miguel arrived shortly after 12, and we studied quietly on our own (though still in the same room) until maybe 14, at which point I remembered that he'd had questions and asked him if he had any questions to ask me. He did, of course. The next hour was spent explaining things like CPU process scheduling, page file and page faults, disk operations, encoding vs encryption and MIME to him.
After he'd left, I went up to level 7. It was a different - perhaps new - view. The cloud formations are easily seen and quite different when viewed in such a wide setting.
I tried going through the storeroom to get to the other side of the building. They've filled the 'science lab' with tables and empty filing cabinets and stuff now. They'd also locked the glass doors, so I had to walk back around the way I'd come. Dark, but not really spooky.

After that, I walked up to THH, where the Library Link was. Somebody had borrowed The Worlds of Deep Space Nine so I walked over to the BBC building.
There was a sign up about an art exhibition - it was being held in the Yr 12 Loungeroom thing. 'CityEd' was on the painted sign, which I thought was an odd name to call an art exhibition. It featured the works of 5 artists, all of which were on sale. I particularly like Margaret Ackland's paintings. She's quite skilled - paints a lot of still life. Seems she has a small obsession with shiney bowls sitting on decorated tablecloths, but she does the reflections really well. I got told she'd won two prizes, one of which I'd never heard of before. She is apparently also the art teacher at the school.
Anthony Springwood seems to specialise in tentacled creatures (almost typed tentacle porn there -_-;;; ). Too bad the light kept reflecting off his pictures (or was it the glass?) so that I couldn't see the details.

On the way back up to the Library Link, I sms'd Net147, thinking that he might be at school or something. Turned out he's on holidays already. So I read parts of Xenocide, by Orson Scott Card (I still remember his name from the HSC text I did for English >_<' ) until a little after 16.
Took a train to Central, and then a Newcastle train back.

There's a new Easy Way opening near Epping station, on Beecroft rd, somewhere near the clown shop. $2 opening specials from tomorrow until 5th July - a little more than a week. Why does merely reading "mmm... I feel like sucking on something... unusually... *starts sucking at her neck*" cause arousal.. it's only slight, not really enough to cause temptation.. hmm, strange and interesting...
Lolly pop! =p
*is very happy*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.. You make me feel like I want to learn computing again.. but not all the non-Internet programming stuff though..